Windows 10: resizing window...stuck in full screen view

Discus and support resizing window...stuck in full screen view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10. I can only minimise a window to an icon or max it to full screen...no in between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lisemcsi, May 26, 2019.

1. Lisemcsi Win User

resizing window...stuck in full screen view

Windows 10. I can only minimise a window to an icon or max it to full screen...no in between

:)

Lisemcsi, May 26, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, May 26, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    resizing screen view size

Hi,

One possible reason why this is happening to your screen may be due to driver incompatibility. To better assist you, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We would also suggest that you download and install the latest graphics card driver compatible with your current Windows 10 version from your computer manufacturer's website. Once you have downloaded the driver, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on Display adapters to show your graphics card.
    • Right click on your graphics card and select Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. Once your computer has booted back up, install the driver that you have downloaded.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, May 26, 2019
  4. resizing window...stuck in full screen view

resizing screen view size

After trying for 4 days Windows Fall Update 1709 has completed installation(Wanna bet???). However as usual after a large update several thinks

no longer operate as should. Such as the web view on my monitor screen is oversized from edge to edge, but to 'minimize' it becomes a 2"

strip across the top of screen.

Have tried resizing mouse and icons and with keyboard arrows, as instructed in MSN Support. Nothing works. The moment I close the resized page

and click on another page the screen is again filled top to bottom and side to side.

Surely, there is a Set Up instruction to fix this problem. Please advise?

klaro 1590, May 26, 2019
Thema:

resizing window...stuck in full screen view

1. resizing window...stuck in full screen view - Similar Threads - resizing window stuck

2. Resize "Save As" window from Full ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize "Save As" window from Full ?: Accidently changed "Save As" Window to Full Now unable to re-size window; Sizing 'arrows' appear, but no combination of keys make them functional. Right-clicking on title bar of "Save As" Window does not solve the issue - "Size" option is grayed out and inoperable.Any advice...
  3. cannot view full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot view full screen: my screen is small and I need it full screen I am in Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-view-full-screen/77932919-0784-48fe-a68d-dd5afa3123b5
  4. cannot view full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot view full screen: my screen is small and I need it full screen I am in Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-view-full-screen/77932919-0784-48fe-a68d-dd5afa3123b5
  5. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize Windows 10 full screen application: Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even...
  6. Full screen view in miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Full screen view in miracast: I am using my Note 9 and miracast on my laptop with no problem EXCEPT I can't figure out how to have the laptop do a full screen view of my phone when I switch to landscape view. I searched my phone for setting but don't see anything that I can do. I want to record a video on...
  7. Resize from full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize from full screen: The full screen icon doesn't seem to work anymore since last update. Use to be able to look at multiple screens and can nolonger do that-any fixs would be helpful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-from-full-screen/bd853ca1-7fa2-455b-9bf8-a108f09e8ff7
  8. Resizing Pages + Desktop View

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing Pages + Desktop View: One moment I am happily working on my PC then, after clicking on 'New Email', I found that the email message covered the entire screen. Usually, it opens at a smaller size so I assume that to be the default size. When I went to reduce its size - by clicking on the overlapping...
  9. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  10. Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window stuck in full screen

2. resize window stuck

3. windows stuck full screen window

4. windows stuck at full sceen,
  5. windows stuck in ful screen