Windows 10: Resizing Window weirdness in Edge.

Discus and support Resizing Window weirdness in Edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it just me or is this typical? With EDGE I cannot reliably resize the windows straight up from the top of window. I can resize from the corners... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chiko, Nov 6, 2015.

1. chiko Win User

Resizing Window weirdness in Edge.

Is it just me or is this typical?
    With EDGE I cannot reliably resize the windows straight up from the top of window.
    I can resize from the corners and control both X&Y.
    I can resize from the bottom.
    I can sort of resize from the corner window controls and then slide the mouse over a bit and it will render as an up/down arrow but sometimes, even if it looks like an up/down, it acts like I grabbed the window bar itself and just lets me move it around.
    *Confused

:)

chiko, Nov 6, 2015
  2. IanRG Win User

Windows 10 windows' borders are too thin!!

That's OK, I have no intention of hiring you as a UI/UX designer either - and this has nothing to do with your problems with language.

The border is not the visual cue at all.

• It was not in Win 3.x because they had borders on resizable windows and non-resizable windows. The only difference was non-resizable borders did not have the little line to separate the corners.
    • It was not in Win 9x because they had borders on resizable and non resizable windows and with its preponderance of grey, it was often hard to tell where border ended and the program began.
    • It was not in XP but the default blue borders made it easier to tell the difference between the border and the program - but not between resizable and sizable ones.
    • As for XP, the same for the Aero twins - except both the resizable and non resizable borders were a simulated glass look.

The one, true, real and only reliable visual cue for where you can resize a window since the beginning of resizable windows in Windows is the MOUSE CURSOR. When Apple copied Windows and moved their resize point from just the bottom left resize box to the
    edges, they copied the mouse cursor visual cue and not the border. They did this because it is poor UI/UX design to rely on a static visual cue that is hard or impossible to tell the difference from the same or virtually identical non-resizable border

When you understand this and look at the identical border on the non-resizable Win 10 mouse control panel but still jump to the, at this point, weird conclusion that this same border in Edge means that the tab is resizable because it has a border, then you
    have shown no understanding of UI/UX. Just because you think it says "resize me " does not and never has meant you are right.

IanRG, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 15063.413 Internet Explorer 11 Changes

We have £50,000 of custom written software that only works with Internet Explorer.

I've tried bypassing the check code and it doesn't work at all in Edge. All the elements end up on one line across the top of the window (pretty weird as it's supposed to be standard HTML!).

As of the update of Windows 10 to 15063.413:

1. Child windows cannot be resized.

2. The SVGViewer addon does not work, although it is enabled.

3. A silly 'Open in Edge' button has been added.

Is there a setting to re-enable the resizing?

Hopefully I can get SVG working again, it will probably lose me a few days and have the entire staff on my neck.

Is there going to be a program of 'forcing' users onto Edge?

If so I'll get Windows 10 wiped off and put my machines back to Windows 7 as this software has not been rewritten yet.

BisonFrames, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Edge uses the titlebar area to store tabs, so in order to size the window up, you need to do so in an area that does not contain a tab or other controls (like min/max/close). You can see this more clearly when you have multiple tabs open and you try to resize the window above a tab, it detaches the tab from the app.

Mystere, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Resizing Window weirdness in Edge. - Similar Threads - Resizing Window weirdness

2. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  3. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  4. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Difficulty resizing windows due to narrow active edge range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty resizing windows due to narrow active edge range: I have a new Asus ZenBook running Windows 11 but this issue was present with Windows 10, as well. I'm having trouble resizing windows univerally, doesn't matter which app, using the default Touchpad. I'm also having trouble identifying the appropriate keywords to find a...
  6. Difficulty resizing windows due to narrow active edge range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty resizing windows due to narrow active edge range: I have a new Asus ZenBook running Windows 11 but this issue was present with Windows 10, as well. I'm having trouble resizing windows univerally, doesn't matter which app, using the default Touchpad. I'm also having trouble identifying the appropriate keywords to find a...
  7. Spacebar on MSN site behaving weirdly in Edge and only in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spacebar on MSN site behaving weirdly in Edge and only in Edge: If I visit the default Edge home pagehttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us?ocid=winp1taskbarand click on a story, the spacebar takes me back to that page. In Edge, and only in Edge. In Chrome, Firefox, etc. it scrolls the page as expected.Changing the User-Agent makes no...
  8. How to Resize Vertical Tabs Pane in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Resize Vertical Tabs Pane in Microsoft Edge: It's easy to end up with a ton of tabs open. The more you have open, the more difficult it becomes to find, switch between, and manage them. With vertical tabs, you can easily shift to view your tabs in a pane to the side. This allows you to easily see the titles and access...
  9. Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Browser - Resize Comment Text Box?: This is baffling. When viewing Reddit on Chrome, the comment box (and this box I'm typing this message in) has a handle attached to the lower right corner of this text box that you can resize. I can make resize any text box on Reddit 1500 pixels x 1500 pixels if I want. I am...
  10. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...