Windows 10: Resolution automatically changing

Discus and support Resolution automatically changing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer and have it hooked up via hdmi to a tv. The resolution keeps changing to a smaller resolution but when i click to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duckfan2424, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Resolution automatically changing

I just bought a new computer and have it hooked up via hdmi to a tv. The resolution keeps changing to a smaller resolution but when i click to change the resolution is still says it’s in “1920x1080” ive reinstalled my graphics drivers a couple times. After i restart my computer the resolution is fixed for a while until it randomly changes back to being way too zoomed in. what the hell do i do.

submitted by /u/duckfan2424
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duckfan2424, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Resolution automatically changing

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Resolution automatically changing

1. Resolution automatically changing - Similar Threads - Resolution automatically changing

2. My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.: My Screen brightness and contrast changed when I was not looking at it.I restarted it once and my screen resolution changed and everything became bigger. Then I checked the screen resolution from right click menu so there at the field where the monitor name is given. It was...
  3. My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Screen Resolution and brightness changed automatically.: My Screen brightness and contrast changed when I was not looking at it.I restarted it once and my screen resolution changed and everything became bigger. Then I checked the screen resolution from right click menu so there at the field where the monitor name is given. It was...
  4. Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?: Greetings everyone. I recently installed windows 11 and I've been loving it! Problem is, when I installed "intel graphics command center" to enable window stretching on lower resolutions as I play old games and hate dealing with the black bars on the sides, and with that, the...
  5. Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does brightness change automatically when changing resolutions?: Greetings everyone. I recently installed windows 11 and I've been loving it! Problem is, when I installed "intel graphics command center" to enable window stretching on lower resolutions as I play old games and hate dealing with the black bars on the sides, and with that, the...
  6. Display resolution keeps changing automatically!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display resolution keeps changing automatically!: TD:LR In the title Hi all, I am close to my wit’s end. Every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode, there’s a high chance that the display settings changes to the lowest resolution. I have to manually change it back to it’s recommended resolution. Sometimes my laptop just...
  7. change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?: i want to use pc with 1280x1024 and i want to use it in games with 1024x768 can i make it automatically changes when i open games ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-resolution-automatically-in-full/60c2b011-0d39-4584-bacc-12062296dbaa
  8. Is there a way to automatically change resolutions based on battery state?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to automatically change resolutions based on battery state?: I've a 4k laptop and wish to go from 4k plugged in to 1920 when on battery state. Does anyone know of a program or hack of sorts to get this to automaically happen? I'm aware it's still the same pixel count being drawn but it DOES have an affect on battery life when screen...
  9. Display Resolution - automatically change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Resolution - automatically change: I have a Lenovo Yoga C940 2-in-1. Is there a way to automatically change the display resolution (or the size of text, apps…) when switching between laptop mode and tablet mode? I like a higher resolution in laptop mode and larger text size for my fingers in tablet mode. Seems...
  10. Resolution automatically reverts

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution automatically reverts: Hey guys so everytime I change my computers resolution, my resolution would change, and then it would go back, and then I would get the revert prompt after it already reverted on its own. I tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers but that doesn't work either. NOTE: This...