Windows 10: Resolution change not work

Discus and support Resolution change not work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i’m here to explain a problem which affect me from long time. First of all i have a nvidia gtx1650 from msi and i use the nvidia control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_Pyro00, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Resolution change not work

Hi everyone, i’m here to explain a problem which affect me from long time. First of all i have a nvidia gtx1650 from msi and i use the nvidia control panel for change the resolution but the result is the same with windows 10 settings. When i try to change the resolution at 1280x1024 75Hz and press apply the resolution do not change. Usually after some restart i can apply what i want. Usually i use 1920x1080 60hz and my monitor support the full HD but when i play some fps game i need 4:3 stretched resolution. Sorry for my bad English.

submitted by /u/Mr_Pyro00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr_Pyro00, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Resolution change not work

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Resolution change not work

1. Resolution change not work - Similar Threads - Resolution change

2. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  3. 2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor resolution is 640*480 and won't let me change it: I have a second monitor that was working perfectly fine last week, and now it is extremely zoomed in and won't let me change the display settings as it is greyed out. I run AMD Radeon, have uninstalled, reinstalled new device drivers, updated to windows 11, reset to windows...
  4. Hello my pc suddenly changed its resolution from 1920x1080 to 640x480 and nothing i tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello my pc suddenly changed its resolution from 1920x1080 to 640x480 and nothing i tried...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-pc-suddenly-changed-its-resolution-from/b65c6edb-f492-4a2c-9e57-a991e60be07f
  5. Hello my pc suddenly changed its resolution from 1920x1080 to 640x480 and nothing i tried...

Hello my pc suddenly changed its resolution from 1920x1080 to 640x480 and nothing i tried...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-pc-suddenly-changed-its-resolution-from/b65c6edb-f492-4a2c-9e57-a991e60be07f
  6. Hello my pc suddenly changed its resolution from 1920x1080 to 640x480 and nothing i tried...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  8. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  9. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...