Windows 10: Resolution changes on restart

Discus and support Resolution changes on restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc. When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal I need help, i have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AroArijan, Oct 31, 2019.

1. AroArijan Win User

Resolution changes on restart

My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc.

When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal

I need help, i have the latest drivers.

I want to change my default monitor resolution to a higher one

:)

AroArijan, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Resolution changes on restart

Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Resolution changes on restart

1. Resolution changes on restart - Similar Threads - Resolution changes restart

2. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  3. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  4. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  6. Screen resolution self changes and cannot be reversed except by restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen resolution self changes and cannot be reversed except by restart: Every so often my PC will, when no user signed in, change screen resolution. Can, normally, log on and try to change but will not be accepted.Have to restart PC to get back to normal resolution.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.79...
  7. Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default: Windows 10 was fine few days ago and everything was alright and no problems until someday, I noticed that my laptop shut down itself then when I restarted it, I got that automating repair thing, and I kept getting it everytime I restart the laptop, so I knew the laptop had...
  8. Can't change resolution after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution after restart: Hello Everyone! Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized that the screen had no signal so I unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor and back in, only to find out it didn't work so...
  9. Resolution Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Change: I recently installed a new monitor with 1920X1080 resolution. Windows preset resolutions do not include this particular configuration. How can I set the computer so that it recognizes this new setting?...
  10. Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution: Hi everyone. About three days ago, my windows 10 starts to randomly run some program which will first turn my screen into black color(I cannot move my mouse or close it) and then within 2 minutes it is going to restart my computer. And then my resolution setting is changed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows log in low resolution video mode change it