Windows 10: Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

Discus and support Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Hope this is right place to post. I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dean5, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Dean5 Win User

Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

Hi
    Hope this is right place to post.
    I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x 1024 stretched wide even though within the pc the display is changed to 1920 x 1080. Each time I reboot the pc the monitor tells me the current resolution and to change it to the recommend setting of 1920 x 1080 to configure within the pc. The on screen options on the monitor are all selectable besides from the display and some of the resolution settings as it has a super res setting.
    I've been backwards and forwards with LG and Windows. I've updated driver re-installed windows updated drivers again I believe correctly with no success.
    It's hard to display screenshot and pictures currently as it hard to see the few inchs of a black screen boarder and the on screen controls

Side info:
    when I restart the pc the monitor at the beginning is fully selectable for brief monument besides the display option.
    When I first reinstalled windows it had 3 settings for resolution highest being 1280 x 1024 it wasn't until I install the graphics driver I was able to change that.

:)

Dean5, Nov 27, 2018

2. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    monitor display size

Hi Kathy,

This issue with monitor display can be caused by screen resolution problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Display.
    • Under Resolution, click on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.

Note: You can select the most recommended resolution (1920 x 1080) if applicable and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings (at the bottom). Select the monitor you want to change the resolution on, then change the resolution setting in the drop down list.

alphanumeric, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

1. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change - Similar Threads - Resolution Display issue

2. Can't change resolution on new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change resolution on new monitor: I just got a new monitor for my Windows 10 desktop but I can't change the resolution now. My old monitor used a VGA cable but the new monitor came with a displayport cable and an HDMI cable. Now I am stuck at 640x480 with the option to change the resolution greyed out.I have...
  3. Can't change resolution on new monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution on new monitor: I just got a new monitor for my Windows 10 desktop but I can't change the resolution now. My old monitor used a VGA cable but the new monitor came with a displayport cable and an HDMI cable. Now I am stuck at 640x480 with the option to change the resolution greyed out.I have...
  4. Can't change resolution on new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. LG Monitor - 32GN63T - Resolution options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Monitor - 32GN63T - Resolution options?: I recently purchased an LG monitor from Costco 32GN63T. I setup the monitor as part of my docking station to easily swap between my home computer and my work computer. My work computer is a Lenovo running windows 10 and I am able to set my resolution to the correct format. On...
  6. LG Monitor - 32GN63T - Resolution options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Monitor - 32GN63T - Resolution options?: I recently purchased an LG monitor from Costco 32GN63T. I setup the monitor as part of my docking station to easily swap between my home computer and my work computer. My work computer is a Lenovo running windows 10 and I am able to set my resolution to the correct format. On...
  7. Display resolution on monitor changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution on monitor changing: When I use "Extend" when after pressing Win + P, my monitor resolution is fine. But then when I close the laptop lid or make it "Second screen only" the resolution becomes worse. Not really sure how it started or when but I am sure it wasn't always like this. I will attach a...
  8. Can't Change Resolution or Rearrange Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Change Resolution or Rearrange Monitor: I got a dell p2715q a while ago and it suddenly isn't working correctly. I was running it on 1920x1080 but now I don't have that option [ATTACH] I also cannot move the display around. It is stuck like this [ATTACH] I try moving the second monitor around and when I hit...
  9. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change: Hi Hope this is right place to post. I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x 1024 stretched wide even though within the pc the display is changed to 1920 x 1080. Each time I reboot the pc the monitor...
  10. Can't change monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lg monitor change resolution

2. lg monitor resolution settings

3. how to change resolution on lg monitor