Windows 10: Resolution & DPI

Discus and support Resolution & DPI in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by msamuel8, Mar 22, 2016.

1. msamuel8 Win User

Resolution & DPI

I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on programs like Photoshop & InDesign especially in the Preferences dialog box where the list of options in InDesign (General, Interface, UI scaling,...etc) are way too small for me to read to the point that I need the magnifier app just to read well! I thought it's a Windows 7 issue so I had to live with that but I've never seen any change in that aspect on Windows 8 and Windows 10 which I've tried only for the hope of finding a real solution to this problem but they both disappointed me so I'm back to Windows 7.

All the solutions I've read on the internet are talking about raising the DPI to 125% or even 150% but raising the DPI to e.g. 125% makes my screen's real estate even smaller thus I'm not taking full advantage of my screen/resolution so I'm really stuck between two hateful situations. Will we never have the ability to work with default 100% DPI and at the same time, those tiny text elements are taken care of to look bigger and more sharp? What's the difficulty for the programmers in having that become true?!

:)

msamuel8, Mar 22, 2016
  2. abycons Win User

Bug in "Print to PDF" and "Print to XPS" in Windows 10? comma in filename results in zero-byte file

change resolution dpi to lower number.

abycons, Mar 22, 2016
  3. coth Win User
    DPI awareness not working for certain apps

Some win32 looks poor in dpi awareness. How to force them to work in specific resolution instead?

Original title: Per-app DPI

4. CountMike New Member

Resolution & DPI

DPI is Dots Per Inch and higher value make higher resolution.
    What you need is to change is scaling and/or font size for various elements like Icon, Palette, and Messages font size.

CountMike, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

Resolution & DPI

1. Resolution & DPI - Similar Threads - Resolution DPI

2. Is there a way to get windows to properly display 1:1 on a low-dpi but high resolution 48"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get windows to properly display 1:1 on a low-dpi but high resolution 48"...: I use my Win10x64 desktop for CAD and I've found that, with other operating systems, I can easily get my CAD programs to display 1:1 when the DPI is set correctly.Unfortunately, windows only seems to support a lower limit of 96 dpi. My display is 45 dpi. My display at my...
  3. Is there a way to get windows to properly display 1:1 on a low-dpi but high resolution 48"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get windows to properly display 1:1 on a low-dpi but high resolution 48"...: I use my Win10x64 desktop for CAD and I've found that, with other operating systems, I can easily get my CAD programs to display 1:1 when the DPI is set correctly.Unfortunately, windows only seems to support a lower limit of 96 dpi. My display is 45 dpi. My display at my...
  4. Is there a way to get windows to properly display 1:1 on a low-dpi but high resolution 48"...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. With DPI scaling set above 100 percent video does not play at full native resolution.

With DPI scaling set above 100 percent video does not play at full native resolution.: I am using a 27 inch 4k monitor. To allow comfortable reading of text in applications I have the DPI scaling set to 150%. This works fine except for one small problem. When I display 4k video in a browser at full screen it is scaled to 2560 by 1440. This makes sense when...
  6. Please vote for 300 dpi resolution option for Paint 3D app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please vote for 300 dpi resolution option for Paint 3D app: Hi, I just request a 300 dpi resolution option for the Paint 3D app. Can you guys help me to upvote my feedback so hopefully reach to the developers to have the option? Here is the link, https://aka.ms/AA7cnb6...
  7. Improve Resolution and DPI scaling for older large TV. Win10 worse than Win7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Improve Resolution and DPI scaling for older large TV. Win10 worse than Win7: I recently upgraded my dad's PC from Win7 to Win10. Entire new system, etc... He is old and needs very large fonts as well as a low enough resolution to see. Windows 7 handled this perfectly while connected via HDMI to an older (15yr old) Panasonic 55" TV with a native...
  8. Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution: Hi, Windows perfectly remembers each screen resolution based on the display setup used. When I use my Surface on the Dock, I use the Surfaces Screen as 2nd Monitor. My primary screen is 1920x1200 and I need to use it with 100% scaling. The surface is 2736x1824 and I...
  9. Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue: Hello everyone! So I recently(several months ago) found out that Windows 10 had a Kiosk mode. After evaluating it, we decided it would be perfect for our digital signage. We are using an web solution that runs on Edge. We did a bunch of testing and everything was working...
  10. DPI changing with resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPI changing with resolution: For a long time I've used the same 1920 by 1080 resolution on my Windows PC. Recently however, I bought a new monitor which had a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I noticed that my cursor moved relatively slower after the switch, and I know that higher resolutions make your DPI...