Windows 10: Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

Discus and support Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the recent Windows update Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292), we are experiencing issues with the Resolution Settings for Multiple Displays. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chrull1988, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

Since the recent Windows update Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292), we are experiencing issues with the Resolution Settings for Multiple Displays.

For our application it is crucial that the external monitor is running on a resolution in duplicate mode, which is not the recommended one by Windows. However, whenever switching between extend these displays and duplicate these displays, Windows does not remember the previously used Resolution Settings in duplicate mode, but switches back to the recommended Resolution Settings.

We experienced this issue with a Microsoft Surface Pro, with Windows 10 “Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292)”.

We also tested the same thing with an older Windows version “Version 1803 (Build: 17134.523)” and did not experience that problem.

:)

Chrull1988, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released

Update for "Current Status" of Windows 10 October Update on first page.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]November 28, 2018 5:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Known Issue[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Workaround: See KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device. Next Steps: Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be available by early December 2018.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

window 10 update on Sunday, December 13, 2015 screen resolution issue

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific
    driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

Kindly try the below steps and check.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

1. Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809 - Similar Threads - Resolution issue Update

2. Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue: [ATTACH] Hi, I checked for updates today and saw this message. All good, I clicked "Download and install now", took a while to finish and I got a notification that I have to restart the PC for installation to complete, I did that and after a couple of restarts, I get this...
  3. Issue in Updating Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue in Updating Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1809: Hello, I'm working on windows 10 installed on an EFI partition Mac book Pro model : Early 2011. (SSD(480 GB ) => 2 PARTITIONS a) Mac osx High Sierra 200 GB b) Windows EFI Partition (280 GB) I Had my windows 10...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 - Major Issue

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 - Major Issue: Yesterday I ran the feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 on my high-end DELL Area 51 PC and it killed it. After the install ran, my 3 monitors which were working perfectly prior to the update stopped and only one worked, as did my external camera which used to work...
  5. Update to version 1809

Update to version 1809: Hi I trying to update my laptop windows to version 1809, currently using 1803. I am only getting code 0x0073b01, can somebody help me out? Danrick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/bec2fdc7-935f-48a0-852f-b0b1afe06beb
  6. Update to version 1809

Update to version 1809: Where can I find a list of the machines & software that are not compatible with version of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/ad465a55-4915-40f1-b8da-7ce5d4f58977
  7. Version 1809 update

Version 1809 update: I just bought a new computer and it did all the updates that were overdue when I turned it on back on 10/22/2018. The version 1803 was updated. Now, today, 12/14/2018, when I click on "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date but my laptop just did the version 1809 update...
  8. windows updates version 1809

windows updates version 1809: My update history shows that feature update to windows 10 version 1809 requires a restart but when I restart the computer, nothing happens, the same message remains in update history. If I do a check for updates it tells me I am up to date....
  9. Windows Update Version 1809

Windows Update Version 1809: 1809 will not update on my pc. I'm running Win10 on a Dell XPS 8300 and had zero problems with the 1803 update. I've tried all the things everyone says to try with no avail. The update downloads, then installs to 100%, then I get a FAIL notice saying, "Windows was unable...
  10. Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue: My folders and files are locked and I cannot use them. I decided to check the administrator account and followed the steps: Properties>Advanced > Administrators. I was terrified to find a lot of unknown entries with a long sequence of numbers and letters. I cannot delete...