Windows 10: Resolution issue

Discus and support Resolution issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i have windows 10 on my pc and i was just doing my normal work idk what happened but my display resolutions are pretty much screwed my monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rewant Singh, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Resolution issue

so i have windows 10 on my pc and i was just doing my normal work idk what happened but my display resolutions are pretty much screwed my monitor resolution is 1920 X 1080 and its recommended in the windows settings as well but it wont fit my screen its enlarged i did everything i updated my drivers but still its not working

:)

Rewant Singh, Sep 20, 2020

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Resolution issue

Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Resolution issue

1. Resolution issue - Similar Threads - Resolution issue

2. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual PC - Resolution issue: I've got a client/Venue that uses a virtual PC as their main server for their business.The issue we are having is that the resolution has reverted to something other than the recommended settings it was on 1920x1080. This had happened after a restart and updates were applied...
  3. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual PC - Resolution issue: I've got a client/Venue that uses a virtual PC as their main server for their business.The issue we are having is that the resolution has reverted to something other than the recommended settings it was on 1920x1080. This had happened after a restart and updates were applied...
  4. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro: Windows 10 is impossible to install inside the Installer/Setup because the display resolution is in a weird state with display content not being visible or being dirtorted. im not even able to click ‘next‘. Its just on my MacBook Pro, not on any other computer. what should I...
  6. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro: Windows 10 is impossible to install inside the Installer/Setup because the display resolution is in a weird state with display content not being visible or being dirtorted. im not even able to click ‘next‘. Its just on my MacBook Pro, not on any other computer. what should I...
  7. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions: Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-issue-of-dpc-watchdog-violation-need/878533ba-3f7e-41a8-abe2-0989eec34e15
  9. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions: Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-issue-of-dpc-watchdog-violation-need/878533ba-3f7e-41a8-abe2-0989eec34e15
  10. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging