Windows 10: Resolution issues after computer "wakes up"

Discus and support Resolution issues after computer "wakes up" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have customer whos is running a HP ZBook 15 with a HP Thunderbolt Dock and two external 32 inch Philips monitors. Recently he's been having an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joakim Holmberg, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Resolution issues after computer "wakes up"

I have customer whos is running a HP ZBook 15 with a HP Thunderbolt Dock and two external 32 inch Philips monitors. Recently he's been having an issue after returning to the computer when he's been away for a while. The main external screen has the proper resolution, but the secondary seemingly gets a very strange dito. The only way to remedy it, as explained by the customer, is to restart the computer.

I haven't had my hands on it yet, but I thought I'd ask here first, since I can't find, or properly narrow down the search parameters, any similar issues online. Is it most likely to be a system issye, drivers or firmware or such. Or could it be an issue with the docking station? We've had quite a few customers who run that type of dock who have faced issues.

Thanks!

Resolution issues after computer "wakes up" fe21fef1-73b1-40f4-ac2f-262b3fe3bf87?upload=true.jpg

:)

Joakim Holmberg, Sep 14, 2020

2. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 14, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Resolution issues after computer "wakes up"

Computer won't wake up after sleep

Hi Gregory,

It's possible that some settings are preventing your computer from waking up after sleep mode. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Resolution issues after computer "wakes up"

1. Resolution issues after computer "wakes up" - Similar Threads - Resolution issues computer

2. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  3. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  4. Computer waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer waking up: For the past 7 days when i got a pc 1 or 2 weeks ago, it keeps turning on bu it self every day at 5:55 AM. I tried everything i could to stop it and it failed, any tips? submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments]...
  5. PC wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wake-up issue: I use a USB switch to share a mouse & keyboard between a desktop and laptop If I am switched to the laptop and the desktop has gone to sleep in the meantime then when I switch back to the desktop activation of either the mouse or keyboard does not wake the desktop instead...
  6. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  7. Wake up computer

Wake up computer: Hi, Why can't I wake up my laptop by pressing any keys on my keyboard? Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-computer/22a8e0d7-cde5-4034-9373-ff84d379f09c
  8. waking up computer

in Cortana
    waking up computer: when i wake up computer i get running dots in cortana and browser search box continually , why is that ? or what can be done not to have that ? i usually do ctrl alt del and just choose cancel--then it stops...
  9. Computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer wakes up: My computer keeps waking up on it's own after I put it to sleep. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wakes-up/f04dadcd-e205-4f5d-b9c8-a4aab97f4895"
  10. Having Sleep Issues with Computer, wakes up immediately

Having Sleep Issues with Computer, wakes up immediately: Having Sleep Issues with Computer, wakes up immediately after going to sleep. In a Windows 7 forum there use to be a tutorial per the following: Performance & Maintenance Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems Is there something similar in this Windows 10 Forum? Thanks in...