Windows 10: Resolution not fitting screen & Others

Discus and support Resolution not fitting screen & Others in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hold on to your money for the moment. If the monitor works well on you base system, then it's Win10 - a preview OS that's most likely the culprit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MatthewE, Mar 27, 2015.

1. MatthewE Win User

Resolution not fitting screen & Others

I was thinking about a new one regardless so it's a bit like urgh it's not worth the hassle kinda thing.

It cannot be WIN 10 based on the fact I used to have a 5560? I think it was anyway, that worked fine detecting, picking up the monitor and such but I believe it's down to the fact the monitor's old, it has no dvi hdmi etc and therefore it cannot detect the screen properly and shows as NON-PNP-Monitor when it should show as like my other monitor (Toshiba-Tv- something or other).

I'll try Mfgr although I do believe the SSD is going out the trotter, I got two identical SSD's and the first one's died so the 2nd one is likely in my own honest opinion.

Hopefully someone has a clue, spent a good day and a half trying to fix this to no avail. Two Windows reinstalls later and hopefully I'm closer.

Although it does appear now the 'SYNC' setting has vanished completely?

MatthewE, Mar 28, 2015
  2. AMD
    amd Win User

released new drivers this week for Windows 10 technical preview, but I still got problem like Mathew.

I also have one monitor with DVI connected and TV connected with HDMI, cannot get 1920x1080 on monitor.
    In Catalyst center there is no option to set full hd resolution (see attachment).

Resolution not fitting screen & Others [​IMG]

Anyone have idea how to solve this?

3. swarfega Win User
    New build (10166) is now out so try a clean install with that version and see if this issue has been fixed.

swarfega, Jul 9, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Did you try turning on/of EDID ?

CountMike, Jul 9, 2015
  5. AMD
    amd Win User
    Just finished clean installing new build 10240 which is refereed as RTM version without HDMI plugged in graphic card as second monitor, still same... In windows display properties or Catalyst cannot set this monitor to full HD resolution - and it's driving me insane now! *Mad
    Monitor is LG W2243S. Maybe is problem with monitor?! Should I buy new one?!

Any new ideas? I think that I will go back to Win8

6. AMD
    amd Win User
    what is EDID? extended display?

7. AlanWade Win User
    Yes - Extended Display Identification Data

You can read about it here.

AlanWade, Jul 17, 2015
  8. AMD
    amd Win User

Already tried to set "duplicate". I got 1920x1080 but look at result *Party

Resolution not fitting screen & Others [​IMG]

already tried auto/set option on monitor - no result *Mad

9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

It could be a problem with the adapter cable.

Sometimes as well as Auto or Fit to screen size monitors have all sorts of fancy (usually hidden) other options -- sometimes you can go into aspect ratio and there's a whole slew of options like JUST, FIT--SIDECUT etc etc. One of these will get your picture to fit the screen - but my main suspicion is the adapter cable you are using.

Monitors are cheap enough these days -- get one with a proper HDMI setting. Of course the Video card in the computer / mobo needs to be compatible too.

If you are using AMD with Nvidia well all bets are off I'm afraid --probably the worst combo on the planet for compatibility.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 18, 2015
  10. AMD
    amd Win User
    SOLVED!

catalyst -> my vga displays -> properties -> uncheck USE EDID and then set max resolution to 1920x1080 60HZ -> apply

you will have option to set 1920x1080 on windows display settings *Party

p.s. **** you *cake

11. kharay Win User

windows 10 comes with the basic display adaptor... so open the device manager...look for the display adaptors...right click and update the driver...

kharay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Resolution not fitting screen & Others - Similar Threads - Resolution fitting screen

2. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  3. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  4. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen resolution does not fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution does not fit screen: I have a HP 2310m monitor, with a 1920x1080 resolution. If I set my resolution in windows settings to 1920x1080, it does not fit my monitor, and not all of the screen can be seen. When I check my monitor settings, it grays out the option to change resolution, unless I set...
  6. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  7. My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My resolution won’t fit my screen for some reason. It’s on the proper resolution on display...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/germanxocampo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzhvc5/my_resolution_wont_fit_my_screen_for_some_reason/
  8. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  9. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...
  10. custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor: Hello friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display settings and choose advanced settings in order to customize the size, but in this particular case I do not have the custom bar...