Windows 10: Resolution problem after driver update

Discus and support Resolution problem after driver update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used app called "Driver Booster" to upgrade my drivers. After upgrading few of them my resolution became wider,letters blurred, and my pc is working... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FilipStojanovicETS2, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Resolution problem after driver update

I used app called "Driver Booster" to upgrade my drivers.

After upgrading few of them my resolution became wider,letters blurred, and my pc is working so slow it took me 3 minutes to open google chrome...

As you can see i cant move icons to the full right,like there is not enough space to do it, i cant change my taskbar color, I tried updating drivers trough windows automatic update searcher but it couldnt install any of updates...

When i open resolution options there is no reccomended 1440xsomething like it used to be ,there is just high medium and low..

Please help me, I dont know what to do..

Resolution problem after driver update [​IMG]

:)

FilipStojanovicETS2, Dec 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Resolution problem after driver update

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Resolution problem after driver update

1. Resolution problem after driver update - Similar Threads - Resolution problem driver

2. Driver problems after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver problems after Windows Update: Hi all! I'm facing problems with my laptop after a Windows 10 Update done in November 22.In particular, the laptop has the following problems:- Scratchy audio from speakers the interface shows a popup saying: "conexant audio device not found";- 100% CPU usage in the task...
  3. Driver problems after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver problems after Windows Update: Hi all! I'm facing problems with my laptop after a Windows 10 Update done in November 22.In particular, the laptop has the following problems:- Scratchy audio from speakers the interface shows a popup saying: "conexant audio device not found";- 100% CPU usage in the task...
  4. Problem driver after update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem driver after update windows: I usually haven't update my windows because i dont want get trouble with my gpu and cpu. But windows auto update as we know automatically update my windows without my consent and make my gpu and cpu initially combust. I have prombel with gpu intergrated being above 100°C...
  5. Problem driver after update windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem driver after update windows: I usually haven't update my windows because i dont want get trouble with my gpu and cpu. But windows auto update as we know automatically update my windows without my consent and make my gpu and cpu initially combust. I have prombel with gpu intergrated being above 100°C...
  6. Problem driver after update windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. driver problem after update

driver problem after update: i have USB satellite card tevii s662 DVB s2 my card was work good in win 10 ver 1803 and windows 7 after update start some problems now the update go to ver 1909 and ver 2004 very good update thanks Microsoft team...but my satellite card stop . [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Problem with wifi driver after update

Problem with wifi driver after update: It is wifi 5G driver that is missing after Windows 10 update. I hope you can help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wifi-driver-after-update/697e6d63-65eb-47a8-911c-5706967ee1a6
  9. Problems with resolution after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with resolution after recent windows update: As the title says, on Friday my laptop started an automatic windows update, on Saturday when I used it again the resolution on my screen seemed to have lowered somewhat. When watching YouTube I didn't see a difference between playing the video in 720p and 1080p and when...
  10. Windows 10 update driver/resolution problem

Windows 10 update driver/resolution problem: Ok so here's a problem I don't know how to begin to solve and neither did microsoft so here's to hoping the community can help. So I made the mistake of updating windows 10 again which I forgot **** up my graphics drivers every time. Basically now when I connect my desktop...