Windows 10: Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

Discus and support Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey there! I am using my Insignia TV as my monitor off my HP ProDesk Mini with a DisplayPort->HDMI cable. The default and recommended HP display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Byronbb2, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Byronbb2 Win User

Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

Hey there! I am using my Insignia TV as my monitor off my HP ProDesk Mini with a DisplayPort->HDMI cable. The default and recommended HP display setting is 1920*1080. However that display is stretched beyond the screen and the font is blurry, etc.

The only solution I have found is, using the Intel Graphics Settings: select a different (wrong) resolution setting, apply & save it, and then re-select 1920*1080 apply & save it. When I do this the display fits perfectly, everything is super sharp and clear - it's heaven.

Until my PC goes to sleep or shuts down. When it wakes up it is as if it has swung back to it's default HP 1920*1080 where everything is out of whack.

Is there anyway to prevent this?? Any thoughts would be so appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

:)

Byronbb2, Jan 27, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Sleep mode

Hi,

Incorrect power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down after it enters the sleep mode. We suggest that you try running the Power troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key+ X key on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Power
    • Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Power troubleshooter

If the issue persists, kindly try to follow these steps to reset the power settings:

• Press Windows key + X from your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed. I suggest you to check whether you are getting the sleep option after resetting the power settings.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode

1. Resolution Resetting upon Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Resolution Resetting upon

2. Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode: This questions was asked her, but has been locked and there is no solution yet. So I am asking it again so we can find a solution....
  3. Programs close upon sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs close upon sleep: So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached out to a tech, etc and tried following everything. I still can find the fix. I just built the pc a couple of days ago. Any...
  4. Resetting pc, sleep mode on help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting pc, sleep mode on help: I was resting my pc due to fear of hackers. I removed personal files. After a while of it getting ready it decideds to reset, but now the screen has gone into sleep mode no load screen nothing. Is this normal an I over reacting. Pls respond fast...
  5. Lock upon sleep

Lock upon sleep: I've reinstalled windows and noticed that the windows doesn't lock up on sleep and don't ask me to sign in. I know there is an option to enable login credentials after waking from sleep, the problem is that I can't find that option anywhere. It's like the option is being...
  6. Error upon exiting sleep mode

Error upon exiting sleep mode: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to...
  7. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random restarts before but that seemed to have resolved itself But since yesterday, the Laptop gives me a BSOD whenever it tries...
  8. PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock: I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.) Since I am at work I always lock the...
  9. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode: So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep mode correctly. Pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse seems to initiate wake but the screen never comes on (backlight on the...
  10. Windows 10 Frozen upon waking up for sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Frozen upon waking up for sleep mode.: Hi, So when I boot my computer up it is fine. If I leave it sit for awhile and allow it to go into sleep mode when I go to wake it back up, nothing will respond. You try and click on something to open it, no response. I have tried to do control alt delete and it will come...