Windows 10: Resolution settings on windows 10

Discus and support Resolution settings on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At one point my resolution settings became messed up and some apps are scaled WAY too small compared to the rest of my screen/desktop. Even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JRRRRR, Mar 9, 2019.

1. JRRRRR Win User

Resolution settings on windows 10

At one point my resolution settings became messed up and some apps are scaled WAY too small compared to the rest of my screen/desktop. Even after resetting my laptop, the resolution is still messed up. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7573 running windows 10 home.

The screenshot below shows how the scaling can be an issue (notice the toolbar in the Mendely app).

Resolution settings on windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

JRRRRR, Mar 9, 2019

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Resolution settings on windows 10

Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Resolution settings on windows 10

1. Resolution settings on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resolution settings

2. In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...: I just purchased Phillips 28" 4K monitors. Windows 11 recognizes the monitors, but only offers a 1980 x 1080, 2048 x 1152 1152 x 2048 portrait resolution for them. Their recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160, but that resolution does nor show up in Display Settings,...
  3. In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...: I just purchased Phillips 28" 4K monitors. Windows 11 recognizes the monitors, but only offers a 1980 x 1080, 2048 x 1152 1152 x 2048 portrait resolution for them. Their recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160, but that resolution does nor show up in Display Settings,...
  4. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...: My monitor is lg hdr wfhd, tried updating and uninstalling but nothing happened, it remains to stay the wrong size 1024 x 768, IT WAS FINE that i've brought it after few days till then?? a gaming one.Maybe something wrong with display driver? All it says unknown in the info,...
  5. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...: My monitor is lg hdr wfhd, tried updating and uninstalling but nothing happened, it remains to stay the wrong size 1024 x 768, IT WAS FINE that i've brought it after few days till then?? a gaming one.Maybe something wrong with display driver? All it says unknown in the info,...
  6. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  8. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  9. Setting System-wide Timer Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting System-wide Timer Resolution: How can I set my system's timer resolution?I understand that the Windows default timer resolution is 15.6ms.I currently am tweaking my system. Months ago, I was able to make my system's 'current timer resolution' to 10000 1ms. But I made a system restore. My system's current...
  10. Setting System-wide Timer Resolution

Setting System-wide Timer Resolution: How can I set my system's timer resolution?I understand that the Windows default timer resolution is 15.6ms.I currently am tweaking my system. Months ago, I was able to make my system's 'current timer resolution' to 10000 1ms. But I made a system restore. My system's current...