Windows 10: Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness.

Discus and support Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I have a DELL Inspiron laptop (Windows 10) which I bought 5 months ago and I have been dealing and trying to fix the problem but can't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fuzixn_, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness.

Hi. I have a DELL Inspiron laptop (Windows 10) which I bought 5 months ago and I have been dealing and trying to fix the problem but can't find a solution for it. The problem is that i can't change my Resolution its just grayed out. Also when I move the slider of the brightness or increase the brightness through the buttons on the keyboard it just doesn't do anything even tho the sliders are moving up and down. I tried updating the drivers and reinstalling them but nothing is working both (NVIDIA and Windows Basic Driver). I even tried to install Intel Graphic Command centre to change the resolution somehow but whenever i try to install that program it says that im missing an "Intel Driver & Support Assistance" I then installed that program but still it doesn't let me to install the Command centre. I then moved on to try to change it through the NVIDIA Panel control but I don't see the Display Section. I even tried to update every drive through the DELL website itself but nothing. I'm pretty much stuck here and I got so tired of this laptop. Please help me to resolve this problem. Thank you

submitted by /u/Fuzixn_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fuzixn_, Feb 25, 2021

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness.

Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness.

1. Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness. - Similar Threads - Resolution Stuck 1366x786

2. Can't adjust the screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't adjust the screen brightness: Since the last couple of updates, the screen brightness can't be changed through any of the ways to do that - not with the keyboard keys, not through the screen setting, or the short-keys. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and installed them multiple times - yet no...
  3. Can't adjust the screen brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't adjust the screen brightness: Since the last couple of updates, the screen brightness can't be changed through any of the ways to do that - not with the keyboard keys, not through the screen setting, or the short-keys. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and installed them multiple times - yet no...
  4. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen brightness: I have tried everything, but I am unable to change screen brightness in Windows 10. I've tried updating my drivers, going back to previous versions of drivers, but since my laptop screen is so bright it drains so much battery and blows my eyes out in dark places. The...
  5. Can't adjust brightness on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't adjust brightness on laptop: I tried adjusting the slider, but it's faded and won't work. The brightness keys don't work either, and now the brightness slider has disappeared for some reason. Does anyone know what I can do? So far, I've tried updating my graphics driver, but that didn't work. submitted...
  6. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  7. can't adjust brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't adjust brightness?: so i got this surface laptop earlier today from my school and i was able to adjust the brightness first time i tried,when i was gonna adjust it again the slider wouldn't do anything and after a restart it's completely gone from the settings.sorry if i'm being dumb but it's my...
  8. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi, I can't seem to adjust the screen brightness either through the keyboard shortcuts or the brightness bar in settings. My Windows 10 is up to date and I've tried updating the Microsoft basic adapter display driver. Is there anything else I can try?...
  9. can't adjust brightness in W10-1803

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't adjust brightness in W10-1803: I'm not sure if this issue existed b4 updating. There are some old threads about similar problems but none of the fixes apply. I had a previous version of W10 but did not notice if it exhibited the problem - not my computer - I upgraded to 1803 and I can't adjust the...
  10. Can't adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't adjust brightness: Hi guys. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 on my acer notebook which I use when I travel. It has intel graphics. Brightness is stuck at 100. And it's not that big of a deal but it becomes a problem when I am in complete darkness. Help I guess? Btw when I move scale in...