Windows 10: Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?

Discus and support Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a definitive resolution to reactivate a network after the 1803 upgrade? I seem to have tried everything that has been published and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by E JB, Sep 25, 2018.

1. E JB Win User

Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco?

Is there a definitive resolution to reactivate a network after the 1803 upgrade?

I seem to have tried everything that has been published and nothing has worked!

Two PCs and one laptop in my house cannot share data with each other.....am I in a parallel universe where computers have not yet been invented?

:)

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Resolution to the 'Network' fiasco? - Similar Threads - Resolution 'Network' fiasco

2. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco: I'm one of the people for whom the KB5034441 update failed to install.With reboots, etc, I was able to install all the other January '24 updates. However, after checking Windows Event Viewer, I have noticed that since the above-mentioned update failure, I am getting the...
  3. 2H22 fiasco

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  4. 2H22 fiasco

2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  5. Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature: Hello, I have a 40Mbps broadband network and I am the sole user. However, when I check the speed I am limited to 4-4.5 Mbps. So what? It could be an issue with the broadband ISP right? Well NO. When I do a "Network Reset", after which the PC restarts, the net speed...
  6. WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows Activation after Hardware Swap Fiasco: Changed motherboards on computer using windows 10 pro Windows version was previously a windows 7 forced upgrade to windows 10. Swapped motherboard and followed activation instructions via virtual assistant and called support as prompted by virtual assistant. I've...
  7. Mail Fiasco

Mail Fiasco: Well here I go again. Last year I was having a problem with the Mail App in Windows 10. To be specific when I opened the Mail App to view my emails none of the messages were showing graphics or pictures just text - which looked like machine language writing. So after...
  8. Windows 10 update fiasco

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fiasco: I have just downloaded a very large windows 10 update and now find I have no pointer to enable me to engage with my computer; I am basically locked out. Any suggestions regarding how to fix this are most welcome :0)...
  9. Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update login screen fiasco: Like many of you my laptop did an update and now I can't login, no login prompt, no power icon, nothing... I've spent the last half hour trying to find a solution, but the all involve the shift, and power button icon, which I don't have on the screen. Thanks for any...
  10. Windows 10 fiasco from hell

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fiasco from hell: So like so many of you...I installed windows 10. Don't know why I ever did at this point. Seems like the worst mistake in my technical life. I have had a slew of problems ever since. First it messed with some of my games. A bit annoying but fixable. Got a lot of them to...