Windows 10: Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

Discus and support Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have attached 2 monitors to my laptop so I can extend the image. The two added monitors are identical model HP 24 inch. They work really well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MICKKING, Jul 22, 2019.

1. MICKKING Win User

Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

Hi,
    I have attached 2 monitors to my laptop so I can extend the image. The two added monitors are identical model HP 24 inch. They work really well except that one screen image (which is attached through the USB inlet using an adapter) is a little more compressed than the other. The other is attached using an HTML (?) input, which I think is standard for a monitor.

When I turn the computer on, the USB attached screen has a message "screen not currently set to recommended resolution". "Configure PC to resolution 1920 x 1080 /60 hz. Current resolution 1280 x 1024 / 60 hz."

In the "settings" section this recommended resolution is not available as an option.

Any ideas so I get the same image on both screens? Thanks in anticipation.

:)

MICKKING, Jul 22, 2019

2. how to set resolution on multiple monitor display

I have multiple monitors and had difficulty in setting resolution to be the same when I am in extended view. what is the sequence of steps to accomplish this in Windows 10

ObyoneKanobe, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Ongoing Resolution Issues With Multiple Monitors

Hello,

I am looking for help, as I have been having some resolution issues with my extended monitors for quite some time. There are a large number of problems that range from BSODing shortly after re-connecting my docked monitors on a regular basis to having constant
    annoyances with sizes on screen. I have tried and searched for hours and attempted every applicable resolution, but I haven't found a correct solution.

Problems

• Refer to this gallery for images citing the specific resolution issues (apologies for the compressed/poor quality): Resolution Issues
    • BSOD after re-connecting my laptop to either docks (takes about 15-20 minutes and gives multiple error messages)
    • Very inconsistent font sizes and sizes associated with Windows and file explorer
    • Applications, both DPI-aware and non-DPI aware, have scaling issues

Things I have tried:

• Updated drivers, BIOS, firmware, software, etc.
    • Ran the various Windows commands to check for errors (sfc /scannow, dism, etc.)
    • Swapped wires and re-seated connections
    • Adjusted refresh rate on external monitors to 59 and 60 hz
    • Adjusted resolution on primary monitor to 1920x1080 to match both external monitors (while this is an undesirable solution, it did help some problems and helped address many of the sizing problems, especially with file explorer)
    • Used custom scaling instead of standard resolutions
    • Installed Samsung drivers for monitors
    • Reset the monitors to default settings
    • As an aside, the resolution problems disappear entirely on the external monitors if I set them to mirror the primary monitor. However, as soon as I extend the display, the resolution problems appear. I do not want to mirror my monitors,
      but I don't understand why a mirror would correct the problems.

Hardware/Specs:

• Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop
    • Primary Monitor: 3840x2160 (also 1920x1080)
    • Two Secondary External Monitors: Samsung S27E510 (1920x1080)
    • OS: Windows 10 Version 1607 - I have had the same problems with multiple builds. I also had the same problems on Version 1511.
    • Dock 1: USB-C hub to allow for a second HDMI external monitor, in addition to the other secondary HDMI external monitor, which is connected directly to the laptop
    • Dock 2: Thunderbolt TB-15 (this was installed a few months after using the USB-C hub, but did not change any of the issues)
    • Video Card/Drivers: Intel HD 530 (Dell Firmware - 20.19.15.4483) and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (Driver - 21.21.13.757) - the NVIDIA driver was disabled, which helped improve some of the problems, but not all of them.

S_Johnson88, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

1. Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image. - Similar Threads - Resolution using multiple

2. Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode: I just got a brand new HP ZBook Fury G7 running W10 pro. The Zbook has a monitor with 3840 x 2160 resolution and I use a second ASUS ProArt with 1920 x 1200 px.I want use two different picture so to get a perfect tiling in the two monitors. If I use the center mode I can set...
  3. Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode: I just got a brand new HP ZBook Fury G7 running W10 pro. The Zbook has a monitor with 3840 x 2160 resolution and I use a second ASUS ProArt with 1920 x 1200 px.I want use two different picture so to get a perfect tiling in the two monitors. If I use the center mode I can set...
  4. Use an extended background for 3 monitors with different resolutions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use an extended background for 3 monitors with different resolutions.: I wonder if there is a possibility to use an extended image for 3 monitors? Here in my case they are: 2 x Dell UltraSharp 24 "U2419H 1 x LG 32 "4K UK 550. I use the two Dell below with maximum resolution of 1920x1080 and the LG on top of it with 3840x2160 resolution. As a...
  5. Displaying on monitor with lower resolution looks bad if not using "extend these displays"...

Displaying on monitor with lower resolution looks bad if not using "extend these displays"...: My laptop has a 1920x1080 screen, but it has screen flickering issues. Until I can get it repaired, I want to use an external monitor, which has a 1366x768 resolution. The issue is that when I set the monitor's resolution to 1366x768 and select the "Show only on 2" option or...
  6. Multiple Input sources & multiple outputs ie 2 Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Input sources & multiple outputs ie 2 Monitors: I have Desktop Computernew as of Feb.,2020 "ibuypower" & a PS4gaming device routed thru a 2x2 HDMI switch into two separate Monitors one= 17" & one 27". I see the same Desktop on both monitors simultaneously, based on the choice of the Input. However, I am trying to, when the...
  7. Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.: Hi, I have attached 2 monitors to my laptop so I can extend the image. The two added monitors are identical model HP 24 inch. They work really well except that one screen image (which is attached through the USB inlet using an adapter) is a little more compressed than the...
  8. Extending 2 Dell Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending 2 Dell Monitors: Hello! I am very technologically challenged, and I am trying to EXTEND (not mirror) my 2 desktop Dell monitors. My computer only has one vga port, and my monitors have hdmi cables. I bought a uGreen hdmi female to vga male adapter but I still can't figure it out. I...
  9. Multiple monitor resolution problem

Multiple monitor resolution problem: I have two monitors with different resolution. The first one is 1366x768 laptop, which is set to 100% scaling, the second one is an external 4000 monitor set to 150%. The problem occurs when I open or move the correctly opened dialogue box from the external monitor to the...
  10. Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues: At work I use 3 physical vertical monitors and I use an application which takes screenshots of every minute each day. I need to review these screenshots later and would like to do this at home, however I only have a laptop at home and this makes things difficult. I...