Windows 10: Resolve Win 10 Temporary Profile/Acct Message stated something is "corrupt"

Discus and support Resolve Win 10 Temporary Profile/Acct Message stated something is "corrupt" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Another member of my household was using my HP laptop which was not responding properly. It was restarted and a Windows message popped up stating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Markslife, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Markslife Win User

Resolve Win 10 Temporary Profile/Acct Message stated something is "corrupt"

Another member of my household was using my HP laptop which was not responding properly. It was restarted and a Windows message popped up stating something is corrupt. I didn't see this happen and it was not recorded exactly. I believe I am in a temporary account/profile and my saved files are not accessible except through OneDrive. I have restarted it many times but not resolved. Microsoft virtual hep said I can make a new acct and move the original files over to the new acct. I don't understand because I have not found those files on the laptop. I did not have my system restore on by accident as I was using an external backup until I moved offices. Thanks for advice!!

:)

Markslife, Jun 5, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Jun 5, 2020
  3. what is a temporary profile?

When I click on windows easy transfer, I get pop up message: You're logged on with a temporary profile, please restart your pc & try again. I've had same pc approx. 7 years & I'm the only user. I have administrator acct. &
    there are no other accounts listed in User Accounts except Guest which is turned off. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Kathy&cal10, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Resolve Win 10 Temporary Profile/Acct Message stated something is "corrupt"

Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Resolve Win 10 Temporary Profile/Acct Message stated something is "corrupt"

1. Resolve Win 10 Temporary Profile/Acct Message stated something is "corrupt" - Similar Threads - Resolve Temporary Profile

2. Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start: I have a PC with two users configured. One user had a corrupted profile. Kept getting a temporary profile on every login. I was unable to get the original profile path to load so forced windows to create a new profile path. However now the problem is the Windows hello pin...
  3. Temporary profile issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temporary profile issue: Hi a few days ago ,updated my laptop and then i logged into my laptop as normal but it signed me into temporary profile now since the i have tored everything but none of the things work....
  4. Signed with temporary profile

Signed with temporary profile: i receive the blue banner for sign out , because i dont know why my pc start with sign with a temporary profile , and , again and again , window 10 64 bits update 2004. How i resolve it ???...
  5. login to a "temporary profile"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login to a "temporary profile": In the last update that my laptop did six days ago, when I started again, it was not with the usual desktop applications and it asked me to configure enough basic data.In the configuration of accounts it appears to me that I am using a temporary account, when investigating on...
  6. Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  7. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  8. Why am I being signed in on a temporary profile in windows 10 and how to resolve this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being signed in on a temporary profile in windows 10 and how to resolve this...: Why am I being signed in on a temporary profile in windows 10 and how to resolve this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-signed-in-on-a-temporary-profile-in/eb0dc6d6-390b-4847-8af3-43c55bad639f"
  9. Signing in with Temporary Profile

Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...