Windows 10: (Resolved) 2nd monitor zoomed in slightly

Discus and support (Resolved) 2nd monitor zoomed in slightly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have encountered an issue with my second screen being zoomed in slightly. It happened out of the blue, both monitors went dark and when they came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Redcometchar, Oct 16, 2018.

1. (Resolved) 2nd monitor zoomed in slightly

I have encountered an issue with my second screen being zoomed in slightly. It happened out of the blue, both monitors went dark and when they came back my second monitor had a different background and was zoomed in slightly. Half of the task bar at the bottom screen is cut off, but this effect persist along the perimeter of the screen.

Some information on my setup.

-My second monitor is a Sony Tv

-I am running windows 10

-I have a Intel core i5-6400 processor

-During the incident i was running a program to manage my wallpapers, called wallpaperengine. Immediately after the incident, when the wallpaper changed, it was not active on my second monitor.

-Before the incident my most recent update was 6 days ago and i have used my setup since then.

Some things i have tried to solve the problem

-I tried playing with the resolution, changing the resolution never allowed me to see my full task bar.

-I tried playing with my default wallpaper settings

-I uninstalled my display drivers (after doing so and restarting, the problem appeared to be fixed, although my second screen was just mirroring the first instead of being independent. It then immediately reverted to the broken state of being zoomed slightly. Checking the driver revealed it had been reinstalled at that point).

-I searched for display driver updates (I found none)

-I searched for windows updates (I did find an update, but it did not fix the problem)

-I tried adjusting settings inside of wallpaperengine

-I uninstalled wallpaperengine

-I preformed a clean boot

-I reset the settings on my tv to factory defaults

-I looked for an "overscan" option in my tv settings but there was not one

At this point I am not sure what else to try and google has not been able to assist. This setup has functioned for me for 3 years now and this has not happened before. Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

Redcometchar, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Hermaeus Win User

Windows 10 2nd monitor resolution zoomed in

my graphics card is up to date, I don't think it was the problem ,my 2nd monitor is still zoomed in

Hermaeus, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 2nd monitor resolution zoomed in

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers and check if it resolves the issue.

a) Press Windows and x key on your desktop and click on Device Manager.

b) Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

c) Locate the display driver.

d) Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’

Follow the below link as reference and check if that helps:

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 16, 2018
  4. (Resolved) 2nd monitor zoomed in slightly

2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

(Resolved) 2nd monitor zoomed in slightly

1. (Resolved) 2nd monitor zoomed in slightly - Similar Threads - Resolved 2nd monitor

2. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  3. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  4. 2nd Monitor Zoomed In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Zoomed In: After an update, my 2nd monitor is now huge. I cannot lower the size of texts below 100% and have troubleshot identifying the screens, adjusting display and resolution, orientation and extending/mirroring displays. Nothing will revert the screen back to the normal size. What...
  5. 2nd Monitor Zoomed In

2nd Monitor Zoomed In: After an update, my 2nd monitor is now huge. I cannot lower the size of texts below 100% and have troubleshot identifying the screens, adjusting display and resolution, orientation and extending/mirroring displays. Nothing will revert the screen back to the normal size. What...
  6. 2nd Monitor Zoomed In

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 2nd monitor zoomed in and low quality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 2nd monitor zoomed in and low quality.: I just got a LG monitor as a second one recently and I got it hooked up and it's quality is laughable and the website are zoomed in. I can still see them, it's just like 200% zoom on websites. The quality is also bad, and it's not the monitor. I've used it for my PS4 and it...
  8. Windows 10 2nd monitor zoomed in and low quality.

Windows 10 2nd monitor zoomed in and low quality.: I just got a LG monitor as a second one recently and I got it hooked up and it's quality is laughable and the website are zoomed in. I can still see them, it's just like 200% zoom on websites. The quality is also bad, and it's not the monitor. I've used it for my PS4 and it...
  9. Wallpaper images slightly zoomed in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper images slightly zoomed in?: Hey guys. Ive had this weird issue for a while now, don't know if its the same for everyone else. But when I set a slideshow of photos Ive taken for my background the images are slightly zoomed in. This is a problem because some of the detail is left out. Does anyone know an...
  10. 2nd Monitor "zoom" issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor "zoom" issues: Hey there I just got a monitor for Christmas but now my old monitor (now the 2nd monitor) display/resolution is zoomed in the primary monitor is fine but once something is displayed on the 2nd monitor it becomes zoomed in. Does anyone know how to fix this? By the way, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor zoomed in

2. second screen too zoomed in

3. second monitor zoomed in windows 10

4. second monitor too zoomed,
  5. windows second display zoomed in,
  6. second screen zoomed in,
  7. windows second screen zoomed in,
  8. 2nd monitor zoomed in,
  9. why is my second screen zoomed in,
  10. my second screen is zoomed in,
  11. second monter zoomed in w10,