Windows 10: Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake

Discus and support Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've just updated major components in my PC. I've made a fresh install of windows but could not find the install key as I use a pendrive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mark87PL, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Mark87PL Win User

Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake

Hi,

I've just updated major components in my PC. I've made a fresh install of windows but could not find the install key as I use a pendrive to install it and have misplaced the disk. Havent used disk drives for years now.

My understanding was that the license was linked to my account. I went to device manager and read about store having max of 10 devices and somehowe thought that deactivating that device and unlinking it from my account would free the license.

It appears that it does not... What to do If I don't have a key on hand?

I've read afterwards that I should have used the store to do it, but how would I know?

Anyone has any ideas on what to do?

:)

Mark87PL, Jul 20, 2020

2. How to deactivate Tritter Account

To deactivate your account:

• Sign in to twitter.com on the web.
    • Go to your Account settings and click on Deactivate my account at the bottom of the page.
    • Read the account deactivation information. Click Okay, fine, deactivate account.
    • Enter your password when prompted and verify that you want to deactivate your account.

Deactivating your account | Twitter Help Center

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Deactive account on device

I want to deactive account on a device that I am selling. I have it activated on my new device.

DebbieMortinson, Jul 20, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Simple Mistake! Complex Resolve?

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Option 1, step 6.

If you power off, then power on while holding the shift key, I believe it will take you to these options.

Then:

Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake - Similar Threads - Resolved Device linked

2. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  3. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  4. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. removed device from microsoft account by mistake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removed device from microsoft account by mistake: I was trying to change my username on my laptop which for some reason is not the same as the name registered with my email id. During this i removed my device from my microsoft account on the website. Now i am unable to add it back, inspite of putting the correct serial...
  6. Deactivated Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deactivated Device: my chromebook was deactivated and I need it reactivated please help. I dont know how this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deactivated-device/5e819c51-f985-409a-8832-7ac2c6a6a32f
  7. Device linked to account deactivated by mistake

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Device linked to account deactivated by mistake: Hi, I've just updated major components in my PC. I've made a fresh install of windows but could not find the install key as I use a pendrive to install it and have misplaced the disk. Havent used disk drives for years now. My understanding was that the license was linked...
  8. Linking Device to my Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking Device to my Account: Trying to open an app I downloaded, error window says it can't be opened because my device is not linked to my account. But in order to access the store I had to be signed into my account. What do I have to do to link my device?...
  9. Deactivated Device From My Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivated Device From My Account: Dear MSCS I deactivated a device from my account, but am not sure what happens after I did that. I reinstalled the device for someone else while they were on holiday for me to give them and am hoping that they will be able to add their account instead on a working...
  10. Simple Mistake! Complex Resolve?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simple Mistake! Complex Resolve?: Yesterday while trying to figure out why my 3g GPU wouldn't work right I accidentally on purpose turned on 2 CPU's in msconfig. Can anyone tell me how to turn the second CPU off in command prompt of Windows 10 home or tell me where msconfig is located although I have tried...