Windows 10: <Resolved> Task Host Manager stopping restart. Live mail.

Discus and support Task Host Manager stopping restart. Live mail. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to restart Windows 10 I get a message about a Task Host Window that is running. I cannot seem to find it to close it. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jbow, Nov 22, 2015.

1. jbow Win User

Task Host Manager stopping restart. Live mail.

Hi,
    When I try to restart Windows 10 I get a message about a Task Host Window that is running. I cannot seem to find it to close it. I am trying to restart because Windows Live Mail will not open and I have folders in the program that do not show up in "Mail".
    The Task Host message say's (\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Automatic App Update)

I looked in Task Manager but I cannot find how to stop this. I can choose to restart anyway but if I do this Live Mail still does not work The problem may not be related but I cannot find out if I cant stop the Task Host Manager.

Edit: I don't know what happened but finally the "Task Host Window" message went away, I was able to restart and now Live Mail will open again. Note, it sure seems like a reboot fixes a LOT of problems with Windows 10. Nearly every time I have a problem a reboot fixes it. Once I have had to rollback an update.

Thanks,
    Julien

:)

2. Live mail - windows 10.

Option 1:

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Click Startup

Select Windows Live Mail then click Disable

Option 2:

Press Windows key + R

Type: shell:startup

Hit Enter

If you see Windows Live Mail in that window, select it then delete it

Option 3:

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > sign-in options

Scroll down to Privacy

Toggle off

Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/stop-auto-reo...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Start menu, Cortana and Notification dont function

I mean kill the process.

Open task manager and click <more details>, then <process>, then press C on your keyboard some times and find anything with Cortana, then press <end task>.

Find windows explore then press <restart>

Sorry for reply you too late.

TommyVercetti, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Task Host Manager stopping restart. Live mail.

1. Task Host Manager stopping restart. Live mail. - Similar Threads - <Resolved> Task Host

2. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart: This message shows up whenever I try to shut down or restart, every troubleshooter seems to tell me that there's a pending update that needs me to restart, I can't restart because it tells me the Task Host Window is preventing my computer from shutting down. I ran the sfc and...
  3. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart: This message shows up whenever I try to shut down or restart, every troubleshooter seems to tell me that there's a pending update that needs me to restart, I can't restart because it tells me the Task Host Window is preventing my computer from shutting down. I ran the sfc and...
  4. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Task Host Manager problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host Manager problem: I have a Microsoft Surface Prop running Windows 10. After a recent update, my task bar won't display properly, I cannot access the internet, and the computer won't close - I keep getting the message "Device Install Reboot Required. I have tried to access other on-line...
  6. Resolving host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolving host: Laptop HP envy Ver1903 is taking ages to connect to website (also takes ages using MS Edge) with the message 'Resolving Host' displayed in the bottom left hand corner. Sometimes it will connect after a while others it goes on forever. Rebooting sometimes solves the problem....
  7. Resolving host

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolving host: Laptop HP envy Ver1903 is taking ages to connect to website (also takes ages using MS Edge) with the message 'Resolving Host' displayed in the bottom left hand corner. Sometimes it will connect after a while others it goes on forever. Rebooting sometimes solves the problem....
  8. Resolving host ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolving host ?: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) I frequently encounter this. It was there for some time while writing this. What is it and can I avoid it? 151913
  9. Task host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task host is stopping background tasks: What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-is-stopping-background-tasks/a7f82c8e-4c1f-405e-b0a0-962966238837
  10. Resolving Host

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolving Host: Getting a lot of Resolving Host problems lately, Broadband supplier says no problem their end. 50538