Windows 10: RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

Discus and support RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Craig-man, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Craig-man Win User

RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition.

I ended up using the "Download Windows 10" version and the Windows Upgrade Assistance to update my system to the version 2004 build.

Now, I can't figure out how upgrade to the Pro edition. All I received from Microsoft was an email with my Order number on it - no license key.

So, what can I do now to upgrade Windows 10 Pro?

:)

Craig-man, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Oct 19, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 19, 2020
  4. RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hello JOHNSTOREY11,

You can purchase Windows 10 Pro directly inside the "Microsoft Store" app on your Windows 10 computer. If you open up the app and search for "Windows 10 Pro" you can purchase an upgrade from within the app.

Please see this guide for both the above steps and steps for installing from a purchased product key.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/12384/...

Brad Keller, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

1. RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install... - Similar Threads - RESOLVED Upgrade Pro

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install properly - now I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install properly - now I...: I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition. I...
  3. Trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro, Microsoft Store directs me to Pro for...

Trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro, Microsoft Store directs me to Pro for...: I am trying to upgrade two computers, mine and my wife's. Microsoft store keeps directing me to purchase Win 10 Pro for Workstations. I don't want or need that version. How do I get upgraded to Windows 10 Pro?...
  4. Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store: Hi, a few weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 10 Home edition to Pro as I was needing to work from home with this Covid-19 going around. I purchased from Microsoft Store, it was paid using my credit card which has been debited, but it looks like it was corrupted. I have never...
  5. Store Purchase Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store Purchase Windows 10 Pro: I just purchased Windows 10 Pro, and upgrade from Windows 10 Home. I got the email, but the link to down load takes me to: We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. Is there another way to get to my download? It shows up in my order history, but that link takes...
  6. Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...: I purchased a digital upgrade to windows 10 pro, I previously had windows 10 home. Now I have an un-activated windows 10 enterprise, and am unable to activate windows 10 pro with the activation troubleshooter. Error code 0x803F7001....
  7. OneDrive didn't survive upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive didn't survive upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro: Hi all, yesterday I upgraded my Laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything surprisingly worked and still works well - except OneDrive. OneDrive didn't survive the upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. The files are still on the hard disk in a folder...
  8. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...: I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account. I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update &...
  9. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store (my order history verifies this), but the procedure ended up putting Enterprise on the pc. Also, the machine will now not activate windows, saying I don't have a correct key or digital license. There is no way...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade problem resolved.: Hi, I'm new to this site but have had good experiences with Windows Eight Forums and I expect it will continue in Windows 10. I post this in the hope it may help others who have the same problem. Allowing the auto-update was getting me nowhere and appeared to be stuck....