Windows 10: RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

Discus and support RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Craig-man, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Craig-man Win User

RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition.

I ended up using the "Download Windows 10" version and the Windows Upgrade Assistance to update my system to the version 2004 build.

Now, I can't figure out how upgrade to the Pro edition. All I received from Microsoft was an email with my Order number on it - no license key.

So, what can I do now to upgrade Windows 10 Pro?

:)

Craig-man, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Oct 19, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 19, 2020
  4. RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hello JOHNSTOREY11,

You can purchase Windows 10 Pro directly inside the "Microsoft Store" app on your Windows 10 computer. If you open up the app and search for "Windows 10 Pro" you can purchase an upgrade from within the app.

Please see this guide for both the above steps and steps for installing from a purchased product key.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/12384/...

Brad Keller, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

1. RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install... - Similar Threads - RESOLVED Upgrade Pro

2. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  4. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but I believe Windows installed a deactivated enterprise. The installation failed during installation process and I received the following errors 0x80072EE7 and 0x80070005. Under Activation, it shows Windows 10...
  5. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error 0x80070005.User account is the administrator account. Restarted computer and now my valid activated Windows 10 Home has changed to Windows Enterprise and is no longer activated.Winver...
  6. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  7. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store: I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account is admin and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key...
  8. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install properly - now I...

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install properly - now I...: I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition. I...
  10. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...: I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account. I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update &...