Windows 10: (Resolved) Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices.

Discus and support (Resolved) Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently got some new hardware (mobo, CPU, RAM) for my computer and I own a retail version of Windows 10 Professional. After having to wait a whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JaycieGaedtke, Dec 18, 2018.

1. (Resolved) Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices.

I recently got some new hardware (mobo, CPU, RAM) for my computer and I own a retail version of Windows 10 Professional. After having to wait a whole day for the servers to actually accept my request it is now telling me:

Unable to activate Windows
    We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

When I log into my account on Microsoft's website I can see that my all my devices are there, and more specifically, the one that I am using. Yes, I already had my account logged into the old hardware so I could reactivate it on my new stuff.

:)

JaycieGaedtke, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

If you followed all of the steps in
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and deleted the old install then there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I've not yet seen a case where Digital Entitlement activation is removed from a device. Even Devices that Upgrade to Pro, and/or use a retail Windows 10 Product Key to reactivate on the same device, still keep both Home and Pro Entitlement stacked on the
    device along with the retail Key until it is removed by reactivating on a new Device. But unlike retail Product keys which remove themselves in this way from the old device once reactivated on new hardware, there's no evidence yet that Digital Entitlement
    does.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 18, 2018
  4. (Resolved) Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices.

Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

I recently did some major hardware upgrades on my computer, including replacing the motherboard. A week before I did this I linked my digital license to my microsoft account so I could reactivate windows after the upgrade, following the steps on this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

After following the second set of steps I'm given this error:

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try
    again later."

Clicking "See other devices" shows me nothing except:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.

If you're not seeing your current device, make sure you're signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device. "

I'm signed in on this computer as an admin with my Microsoft account. Is there anything else I can try to reactivate Windows 10?

AMonoceros, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

(Resolved) Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices.

1. (Resolved) Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices. - Similar Threads - Resolved Reactivation Hardware

2. Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware: So I recently got new hardware for my PC and it deactivated windows 10. I tried following the steps to reactivate it through the troubleshooting, but it keeps telling me that the Microsoft servers are experiencing difficulty and to try again later. If anyone knows how to fix...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware: So I recently got new hardware for my PC and it deactivated windows 10. I tried following the steps to reactivate it through the troubleshooting, but it keeps telling me that the Microsoft servers are experiencing difficulty and to try again later. If anyone knows how to fix...
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivation on new Hardware.

Reactivation on new Hardware.: My previous Lenovo Laptop which had OEM Windows 8.1 license, subsequently updated to Windows 10 broken into pieces and not usable. I bought new acer aspire Laptop which had pre installed Endless OS. I had taken out the hard disk of Lenovo Laptop, put into a usb casing and...
  6. Reactivate Windows 10 - New Hardware

Reactivate Windows 10 - New Hardware: I got a new motherboard for my computer, and now I need to reactivate Windows. It was an upgrade from Windows 8 years ago, and everything I find says it should be linked to my Microsoft account. However, activation troubleshooting says it can't activate, and to make sure I am...
  7. Forced to reactivate Windows 10 on new hardware and I can't.

Forced to reactivate Windows 10 on new hardware and I can't.: So I just recently got a new motherboard and I quickly realized that my installation of Windows 10 was no longer activated and I don't know how to reactivate it. I originally installed Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 8 and then Windows 10 for free. I tried using my old...
  8. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after new hardware

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after new hardware: I have gone through all the usuals with this and I'm stumped. Custom built PC [like the family axe] anyway Mobo/CPU died. So I was able to take over a deceased friends PC replace his HDD with my SSD with windows, and replaced his DDR3 RAM with mine. In my Microsoft account...
  9. Windows 10 reactivation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reactivation on new hardware: Built my own PC earlier this year, purchased Windows 10 on the Windows store. I installed Windows on this PC through a boot USB using my old laptop. I have order number and exact date of purchase. Upgraded to a new CPU/Motherboard on 29 November 2019. Ran just fine until...
  10. Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices.

Windows 10 Reactivation on New Hardware. Can't Find Any Devices.: I recently got some new hardware (mobo, CPU, RAM) for my computer and I own a retail version of Windows 10 Professional. After having to wait a whole day for the servers to actually accept my request it is now telling me: Unable to activate Windows We can’t find any devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we can’t find any devices linked to your microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now.

2. we can’t find any devices linked to your microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now

3. we cant find any devices linked to your microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device youre using right now

4. cant find any devices linked