Windows 10: (Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on...

Discus and support (Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After I install an update for Windows today, some of the icons in my Start Menu went missing. I used the Microsoft Automated Assistance, that we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luke_Loz, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Luke_Loz Win User

(Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on...

Hi,

After I install an update for Windows today, some of the icons in my Start Menu went missing. I used the Microsoft Automated Assistance, that we couldn't communicate at all. I was asking about Update, she (it) was asking me about if I would like to change the size of the tiles.

Noooooooo. I want to fix them.

But let's give it a try.

1. Click on the tile that is blank and make it bigger.
    (Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on... 5d8c8950-a919-4213-8a3c-008b92e66df6?upload=true.png

2. The icon will appear.

(Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on... 4f1ee195-281e-4a08-bc2f-a6acccbb4925?upload=true.png

3. Change it back to small size.

(Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on... 8c2009f7-d8eb-4346-af4d-25d1fa85885b?upload=true.png

:)

Luke_Loz, Dec 3, 2018

2. kb4467682 Custom Tiles wont show up in start menu

The custom Tiles from my start menu won't appear after installing November 2018 updates (KB4467682).

Everything that has been customized is gone (office icons, production software etc). Only tiles left are calendar, weather and Edge.

Will uninstall update to see if issue is resolved

ITPROMARIO, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

(Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on...

Apps icons do not appear in Windows 10 start menu

Hi Spawner,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to refer the link suggested by Rohit Siddegowda on October 9, 2015
    and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Start menu tiles are missing their icons

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. (Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on... - Similar Threads - Resolved Update missing

2. Some start menu tile icons are gone after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some start menu tile icons are gone after Windows update: After an update installed overnight and completely broke my audio drivers the day of an important call, but I was able to repair that by staying up until 3am... it seems that a lot of my start menu icons are gone. Clicking a tile still boots up an app just fine. [ATTACH]...
  3. Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing: W10 Ver 1903 On occasion, all my chrome tiles will disappear from my Start Menu...usually following a W10 update. It's very frustrating. I've stopped trying to customize my start menu directly with Chrome shortcuts. My solution is to use standard Windows folders to hold my...
  4. Startup Menu tile icon missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  5. kb4467682 Custom Tiles wont show up in start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4467682 Custom Tiles wont show up in start menu: The custom Tiles from my start menu won't appear after installing November 2018 updates (KB4467682). Everything that has been customized is gone (office icons, production software etc). Only tiles left are calendar, weather and Edge. Will uninstall update to see if issue...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming: Could I get the best and brightest Windows 10 OS knowledgeable members over to the gaming thread please? Thanks. I have reported it (and others) on the Nvidia forums. Doesn't seem to happen for light gaming for 5 minutes or so (and of course won't happen after playing...
  7. Missing tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing tiles in the start menu: I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I logged in with my account, some of the tiles from the start menu had disappeared. I've tried opening powershell and...
  8. Start Menu Tiles not Updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Tiles not Updating.: Any solutions when the start menu tiles are not updating/changing. The tiles are live but they dont update. 15324
  9. After restart the tiles and icons dissapear in the start menu ???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After restart the tiles and icons dissapear in the start menu ???: I have been working with my computer with Windows 7 Pro for manyyears without any problem. My graphics card is the GTX 570 from Asus. It uses Nvidia drivers. After upgrading to Windows 10 i am having problemswith the view of Windows menus and pages. After every restart...
  10. Windows tiles in start menu move after program update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows tiles in start menu move after program update: Hi there. If I instal a newer version of a program the tiles for the program in the start menu move right down to the bottom and leave a gap. I have all key programs organised in the start menu in categories so they are quick to get to. Is there anyway to avoid having to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4467682 ICON