Windows 10: Resolving Documents files

Discus and support Resolving Documents files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My system files are on a SSD, so I changed the location of my Documents file to the hard drive. MS had decided that my documents folder should be in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trippap, Jul 1, 2019.

1. trippap Win User

Resolving Documents files

My system files are on a SSD, so I changed the location of my Documents file to the hard drive. MS had decided that my documents folder should be in OneDrive, so there was confusion there. I still have a Documents file in %USERPROFILES%\Documents on my SSD. I have all of my documents safely saved in %USERPROFILES%\Documents. I have also copied them to an external drive.

My problem is that OneDrive\Documents is a mapped folder that has the Location tab in its properties. I'd like to restore the default, but get an error that there is a folder that cannot be relocated, thus the default location can't be restored. I don't know what folder is the problem. There is a Documents folder on my C: drive, and it's the one that you get by accessing %USERPROFILES%\Documents. I'd like to have my computer forget OneDrive was ever involved with my Documents folder, but it appears to be hardwired into Windows 10. In particular, I'd like to not see a Location tab in the properties of the Documents folder under OneDrive on my hard drive. Then, I'd like to move the location of my Documents to the hard drive, but not into OneDrive.

a) How can I get the Documents folder deleted from the hardwired OneDrive folder on my hard drive?

:)

trippap, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Resolving Documents files

cannot save document to document file.

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to save documents. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you sign in as administrator?
    • Is the issue specific saving the file to this particular folder?
    • What type of file are you trying to save?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise when the user account that you have logged does not have Administrature previlage.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Check for the Administrator account.

3) Log Off from your computer and Login through Administrator account.

4) Again press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

5) Select your Microsoft Account and click on Properties button.

6) Click on Group Membership tab and check on Administrator.

7) Log off from your computer and try logging in through Microsoft account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Resolving Documents files

1. Resolving Documents files - Similar Threads - Resolving Documents files

2. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  3. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Decryption of Document Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Decryption of Document Files: Somehow my computer encrypted all of my document files. How can I decrypt them? Can they all be done at once or do they need to be done individually? I have about 1,000 documents....
  6. Document Files

Document Files: I seem to have duplicate Document files all over my PC. They are in the User file, they are in the PC file and they show up in OneDrive under User:OneDrive and the main OneDrive file. How can I tell which are mirrors and which are duplicates?? Is there a manual on...
  7. document and file backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    document and file backgrounds: Hi, im using windows 10 and when I open any of my word documents, it has a black background and all the letters is in white. Please help me fix this issue! Thanks!...
  8. Document files locked.

Document files locked.: I have a CD-R disc with some document files created by me using Word Perfect OfficeX6, and downloaded into my Dell 3670 computer with Win.10. tried to file them under Document. During the process I was asked how to file by giving me a few choices, Windows Media Player,...
  9. Files and documents are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and documents are missing: I’ve bought a new computer and want to share all my files and documents from the old computer to the new one. I installed Windows 10 on my old computer two years ago. My new computer is HP laptop running Windows 10. My files were on OneDrive and I checked them a couple of...
  10. Scan documents to files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan documents to files.: I am getting an error message when I try to scan a document and create a file. MF Toolbox is being blocked. Says 'Could not write to the file" Is there a way for Windows Defender to scan the HP scanner to see if there is a virus or malware? Yesterday the computer would talk...