Windows 10: Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

Discus and support Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saw some people running into the same problem, such as "My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up", "Desktop folder now named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alfpoqwfj, Jun 12, 2020.

1. alfpoqwfj Win User

Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

I saw some people running into the same problem, such as "My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up", "Desktop folder now named Downloads", but I didn't find a clear answer, and after some attempts, I finally found the solution.

Here's an example of the Pictures folder being redirected to the Documents.

1.Firstly, redirect the Documents to a target path you want, and we can see the Pictures folder also points to the same path.

2.Run regedit, go to this path
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3.Modify {0DDD015D-B06C-45D5-8C4C-F59713854639} <the Pictures folder id> value to%USERPROFILE%\Pictures

4.Modify {3B193882-D3AD-4EAB-965A-69829D1FB59F} <the Saved Pictures folder id> value to%USERPROFILE%\Pictures

5.Modify My Pictures value to %USERPROFILE%\Pictures

6.Create a new local account or use another win pc, copy the Pictures folder from C:\Users\<New User Name> to the main user folder. If you have set up to display system files, you can copy desktop.ini directly.

This step is mainly to get the desktop.ini configuration file, because after the redirect, icons and paths controlled by this file , are changed to be the same as the Documents.

7.After completing the above steps, log out of the main user and log back in. You can see the Pictures folder has been restored to the default path :

:)

alfpoqwfj, Jun 12, 2020

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 12, 2020
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

1. Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder - Similar Threads - Resolving System Folder

2. Multiple system folders under this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple system folders under this pc: First I couldnt create a new folder or new text document but then i fixed it and now this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-system-folders-under-this-pc/edbae8ef-1eb7-4f46-ab39-f851aa896b96
  3. Multiple system folders under this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple system folders under this pc: First I couldnt create a new folder or new text document but then i fixed it and now this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-system-folders-under-this-pc/edbae8ef-1eb7-4f46-ab39-f851aa896b96
  4. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name: I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/ 1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This PC tab 2. Clicked on Properties 3. Clicked Location Tab 4. Set Location to D:/ 5. Applied then pressed okay Did the same...
  5. System folder in My PC

System folder in My PC: I have a system folder called Movies that appears in My PC. This folder was a folder named F:\Movies. I have moved this folder to a new larger drive, so the system folder in My PC no longer points to it, and it doesn't work any more. How can I change this so that it now opens...
  6. System Folders "lost" on another Drive

System Folders "lost" on another Drive: Hello Guys, This might seem like a simple question but I couldn't find the answer. I just changed my PC and now have an SSD and an HDD. Obviously windows is on the SSD. I wanted to use the HDD for storage so I tried to move the system folders like "Download" and "Music"...
  7. How to Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder

How to Resolving This PC System Folder Points to Another System Folder: I see some people having the same problem as I am today, such as "My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up", "Desktop folder now named Downloads", but I didn't find a clear answer, and after some attempts, I finally found the solution. Here's an example of the...
  8. 'This PC' folders point to onedrive

'This PC' folders point to onedrive: Hello, I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on a new PC. I did not understand the Onedrive facility, but now see it is of limited use as my internet is very slow indeed and u[ploading takes forever = my internet gets killed. I have now switched it off. However, it...
  9. Rename system folders in another language

Rename system folders in another language: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 6. When I set up my laptop I used an account with Mandarin as the preferred language. This might have led to all system folders (e.g., desktop, document, and pictures) displayed in Mandarin. Now I want to change their names to...
  10. system folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system folder: changing file folder to a system folder ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-folder/a51732e5-1c24-437d-be80-c16f321ba880