Windows 10: Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install

Discus and support Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Can anyone please help me with the following? Upgraded an 8.1 install to W10 and since have been having issues with virtual memory / resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by muranb, Aug 5, 2015.

1. muranb Win User

Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install

Can anyone please help me with the following?

Upgraded an 8.1 install to W10 and since have been having issues with virtual memory / resource errors. This normally requires the closure of all apps / progs but this morning the PC shut down as a result.

On checking eventvwr I uncovered the following:

Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install [​IMG]

Now as far as I can see the VM settings are fine. This is a reasonably capable desktop running 6GB ram that suffered no such issues under W8.1.

Any ideas appreciated as this is the other half's PC I upgraded for her and it's not gone down well!

Mods: Hope this is in the right place not being a BSOD issue - please move accordingly if not *Smile

:)

muranb, Aug 5, 2015
  2. grod777 Win User

Windows 10 OEM Key

would the same apply if I used the OEM key on a VM?

For instance If i install W10 and a VM and then later on delete the VM and then install W10 on the PC directly.

grod777, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 DHCP decline loop

My new Windows 10 Home install in a VM has started refusing to connect to the Internet. I am using "Bridged Mode" for the network connection. W10 installed from MSDN Iso onto a new Virtual Box hosted
    machine

I have Wireshark running on the VM Host.

W10 issues a DHCP request, It is granted one by the router

The DHCP is acknowledged

A number of packet exchanges take place using the IP address

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1

Host: 239.255.255.250:1900

ST: uuid:98ebada5-b544-5d4f-8e69-3dcb2c014014

Man: "ssdp:discover"

MX: 3

None of these are responded to

W10 issues a DCHP decline and reverts to a 168.254.x.x address

The whole Cycle repeats forever getting a different IP address each time from my router

When I switch the VM to NAT mode then it connects correctly.

This started happening after I connected my host laptop to a different network which changed the DHCP address range.

If relevant I am using Avast AV on my W10 guest but it makes no difference if I disable it.

jcs37494891, Aug 5, 2015
  4. muranb Win User

No word on this?

Happened again today and I noticed at the time there was >3GB physical Ram still available!

Something screwy happening...

muranb, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    According to your screenshot, it looks like you had at least 200GB of virtual memory allocated, which is quite a lot. You might want to do a clean install.

Mystere, Aug 6, 2015
  6. muranb Win User
    200 Gb? Where is that showing?

I've tweaked the VM settings but still seeing issues. Just caught it mid slow down and discovered this:

https://i.imgur.com/weucjC7.jpg

That process running up > 2.5gb memory is Facebook running in Edge. Is this the cause, and if so why? Just keeps climbing until things crash.

muranb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install - Similar Threads - Resource Exhaustion issue

2. W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM: Hi folks : Seems crazy that on KVM/QEMU on a 64 GB RAM HOST - W2K19 server only needs as default 2 vCPU's (out of 16 available on my machine) and 2GB RAM whilst the recommended config for W10 PRO is 4 vCPU's and 4GB RAM. As I've mentioned elsewhere the W2K19 SERVER really...
  3. W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's

W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's: Hi folks So far got HYPER-V to run on a Virtual machine creating a lower level W10 VM - The W2K19 machine is itself a VM running on under KVM/QEMU So far only got Gen 1 to work -- with Gen 2 machine starts but no video - will look at that later but here's the Gen 1 VM So...
  4. Resource Exhaustion crashes several Microsoft tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resource Exhaustion crashes several Microsoft tools: Hi, I am working from home and I am getting issues with my workstation. At the middle of my working day, I tools freeze. After multiple times, I was able to spot the following. First, I get the following event 2004 in Events: "Windows has successfully diagnosed an...
  5. Exhausted resources for help broken windows install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exhausted resources for help broken windows install.: I am installing windows 10 to my samsung 860 pro and I’ve bumped into a fair few problems although have finally got to the last screen where it restarts in ten seconds. After restarting it takes me back to install menu. Things I’ve done: 1.Unplugged usb at restart warning...
  6. Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Any network connection made between computers (TCP or UDP protocols), it is done through the ports. Imagine these as entry points or gateways which is used by a service or application. As more client connections are made, the ports shortfall [...] This post...
  7. Re-Installing W10 from USB onto a VM

Re-Installing W10 from USB onto a VM: I have - a licensed/activated Windows 10 10586.545 Dutch as VM (Ultimate version) - Windows 10 anniversary update English, on USB (created using Media Creation Tool) I would like the Dutch .545 be replaced by English Anniversary Update version. Resetting the VM...
  8. explorer.exe uses all virtual memory, Resource-Exhaustion Detector

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    explorer.exe uses all virtual memory, Resource-Exhaustion Detector: Had this problems twice, with no clue what the cause is. It has happened when writing to a HDD so i guess it's that process that goes awry. The two were very different and a long while between each other (weeks probably). Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual...
  9. New install of W10

in Windows 10 Support
    New install of W10: Have just installed Windows 10 dual boot with Windows 7, so it uses Windows 7 credentials. What a pig's ear Microsoft has made of this. Can't install Firefox, can't set up my Hotmail account, can't install Tweekbit, in fact, can't install anything. Keeps wanting me to part...
  10. New W10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    New W10 installation: Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc??? 13512

Users found this page by searching for:

1. W10 and VM issues