Windows 10: Resource monitor Filtered by ShellExperienceHost.exe ?!?

Discus and support Resource monitor Filtered by ShellExperienceHost.exe ?!? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am trying to solve a problem with a recent Windows 10 install that just had windows updates applied. However, when I got to the Resource monitor, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Resource monitor Filtered by ShellExperienceHost.exe ?!?

I am trying to solve a problem with a recent Windows 10 install that just had windows updates applied. However, when I got to the Resource monitor, I see a strange message

Resource monitor Filtered by ShellExperienceHost.exe ?!? [​IMG]

How do I eliminate this "Filtered by ShellExperienceHost.exe" thing?*Mad

:)

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  2. C- high Win User

process supended

why is shellexperienceHost.exe always supended. I open resource monitor under cpu and this is always the result. Can I end it or not.

Resume process doesn't work.

C- high, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Filtered by MovieMaker.exe

And are you still seeing "Filtered By MovieMaker.exe" in Resource Monitor?

JoeThiesen, Apr 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You need to go to the other tabs (Disk, Network etc) to find and and untick the process that is being monitored. It will then remove the filter.

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    Still completely baffled here.

I see in the CPU windows that skypehost is suspended, but I don't have skype running and have even rebooted.

I know how to suspend, but I have not suspended anything and nothing is UNsuspendable.
    When I try, I get

which IMPLIES there is another user logged in, but I am the only user.

Attempting to resume, has no effect. Did I mention I even rebooted?

UPDATE: I rebooted again. I still have the strangeness about starting with suspended processes, but the "filter" seems to have cleared itself. I can see the tasks in the other windows.

Ah, well, filter self-clearing was the solution in this thread, switching to the keystroke response problem in my other post.

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Ok it looks like you did not move out of the "overview" tab. I suggested you go into the other tabs to find and clearclear the filter. Anyway you fixed it another way. I'll move to the other thread now.

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    You can see other "users", if you right click on tabs (arrows in picture) and select "user name". You can filter information by processes, if you tick the square (shown by doublecheck in picture).

This is just for future reference, as you obviously solved your problem. *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 17, 2016
  8. abrogard Win User

I went to the other tabs alright but 'Hitman Pro' - the thing that my thing is supposedly 'filtered by' doesn't appear in any of them.

abrogard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Resource monitor Filtered by ShellExperienceHost.exe ?!? - Similar Threads - Resource monitor Filtered

2. ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...: Since the last update, these processes have remained suspended. As a result, I can't open the start menu, settings, notifications, or change my sound I know I can change my sound but you get what I mean.After the update when I pressed start, it didn't open. I pressed the...
  3. Random IPs in Resource monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random IPs in Resource monitor: I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these connections on google or via a ip look-up tool and find either no information about it, or that it’s a potentially dangerous address....
  4. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resource Monitor: Why is this happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-monitor/5742dd19-f885-4765-b836-072463e98a3a
  5. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resource Monitor: I got a quick question for resource monitor. Under CPU I have CPU Total, then service CPU Usage and then CPU 0 through to CPU 7. Why so many CPU under Resource Monitor? 168991
  6. Resource and Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resource and Performance Monitor: My Resource and Performance Monitor function is not working. The information is collected but the report is not generated. The error message indicates, "The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out."...
  7. Resource & Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resource & Performance Monitor: I have had this open for 10 minutes but has done nothing. - [img] 167609
  8. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resource Monitor: My new system has 4 NVMe drives: a 1TB - C:\ drive, 2-1TB drives in a striped set - D:\ drive, and a 1TB - E:\ drive. It also has a RamDisk A:\ drive and a HDD, F-Drive. My Disk Resource Manager monitors all drives except my D-Drive, can it not see striped sets? The stripe...
  9. Resource Monitor Hardware error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resource Monitor Hardware error: Hi can someone help me identify the problem in my computer so i can fix it. Thanks here is the saved files. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4mOHNNgFP-C35Fa0L_LRbyOd2YZbQNK...
  10. Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking ShellExperienceHost package: I am trying to get the Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost package out of Install.wim, but the SxSExpander tool is way over-my-head and so far I saw no comprehensive guide on how to use it, just a bunch of technical stuff for experts. How can I extract packages in CAB...