Windows 10: Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

Discus and support Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; You'd think a person studying for an IT certification would know what's going on with this, but alas, I unfortunately can't figure it out. I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaAOlson, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

You'd think a person studying for an IT certification would know what's going on with this, but alas, I unfortunately can't figure it out. I'm running on a fresh install of Windows 10, installed about three days ago from the latest public release build of the Windows 10 installer media files. For some ungodly reason, even though I've performed clean boots, tried safe mode, run multiple SFC scans, ran the `DISM /restorehealth /cleanup-image /online` command, enabled and used the default administrator account, and checked to make sure that there are no viruses or malware files sitting in my computer, I still can't find the problem. I haven't messed with any system files or modified anything pertaining to the Windows functionality, but for all I know something could have started like it did with my last hard drive which quite literally had its PCB turn from motherboard green to dark muted green where the cryptography service started going haywire and then it suddenly refused to read any files whatsoever on the drive, but I just got my current hard drive brand new five days ago, and didn't start using it until the day I installed Windows 10 on it. I'm on a Dell Latitude E6430 with 8 GB of RAM and an i5-3320 processor 2.60 GHz clock speed, not overclocked. The new hard drive is a PNY SATA hard drive, with 500 GB storage, but I am not sure which specific model it is because the box from it has magically disappeared from my bedroom.

Is there anything that I should be aware of that could potentially be causing this problem? The taskbar and File Explorer are completely locked up, so I can't open anything that I don't know the direct path to despite being able to open Run. Start+X still works as well, but it isn't opening any programs I select. It can't be hard drive damage or system file corruption this early into a fresh installation, can it?

:)

JoshuaAOlson, Aug 1, 2020

2. Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager

In windows 10 Pro im trying to delete a file called dsovlwx.exe . I found of where the folder is located and i cant delete and its taking up to much system resources for no reason as i keep multitasking the ram usage of that process keeps increasing i think this could be some type of virus. When i open task manager its named Windowsprocess manager.I tried using file assassin to delete but i cant delete it what so ever.
    Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... [​IMG]

Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... [​IMG]

louie123456789, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager

this is what i get

louie123456789, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

how to have resource monitor not open up automatically

Hello Conanlabiche, lets try this since Windows do have now a function to Automatically Open apps that did not closed properly when you shut down or reboot the PC. Try to END TASK the Resource Manager from TASK MANAGER Lock the computer log back in and
    try to reboot and check if the Resource Monitor will automatically open again.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

1. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... - Similar Threads - Resource Monitor Task

2. some tasks are suspended in task manager. i also tried resource monitor to resume the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some tasks are suspended in task manager. i also tried resource monitor to resume the...: some tasks are suspended in task manager. i also tried resource monitor to resume the suspended tasks. but the tasks are not resuming please help me....
  3. some tasks are suspended in task manager. i also tried resource monitor to resume the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some tasks are suspended in task manager. i also tried resource monitor to resume the...: some tasks are suspended in task manager. i also tried resource monitor to resume the suspended tasks. but the tasks are not resuming please help me....
  4. HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor: Pretty much what the title says, my HDD does not show up in resource monitor and always shows 0 activity in the task manager. Not a huge deal as the HDD works perfectly fine, as far as I can tell. Can't seem to find anything like this on google. Any help is appreciated....
  5. HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor: Pretty much what the title says, my HDD does not show up in resource monitor and always shows 0 activity in the task manager. Not a huge deal as the HDD works perfectly fine, as far as I can tell. Can't seem to find anything like this on google. Any help is appreciated....
  6. 2nd CPU not showing on Task Manager / Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd CPU not showing on Task Manager / Resource Monitor: Hello.I'm new to this site and I hope I can get some help. I was running CyberLink PowerDirector 16 64-bit and noticed to much lag on a 4K video during playback.I checked the Task Manager TM and I noticed that the CPU was running +95%. When looking at the detail I noticed...
  7. Task manager values don't match Resource Monitor values

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager values don't match Resource Monitor values: I have an 8-core 8-logical processor implementation. I start a program and use task manager to set affinity to CP 7, then put the process into a loop. Task Manager says it is using 19.9-22.0 per cent, Resource Monitor correctly shows CP 7 100 per cent busy and the process...
  8. task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/10cho [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2qn74/task_manager_and_resource_monitor_shows_wrong_ram/
  9. Windows Locking Up, Runs Slow - Resources stolen; Task Manager Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Locking Up, Runs Slow - Resources stolen; Task Manager Problem: Hi! (i5, Windows 10, 8mb Ram) I've talked to Microsoft who took control of my computer and did some very basic trouble shooting. I also posted on a well know forum to check me for Maleware. I am over 3 weeks into this problem. I am still not convinced it is not maleware....
  10. Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager: In windows 10 Pro im trying to delete a file called dsovlwx.exe . I found of where the folder is located and i cant delete and its taking up to much system resources for no reason as i keep multitasking the ram usage of that process keeps increasing i think this could be some...