Windows 10: Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

Discus and support Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; You'd think a person studying for an IT certification would know what's going on with this, but alas, I unfortunately can't figure it out. I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaAOlson, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

You'd think a person studying for an IT certification would know what's going on with this, but alas, I unfortunately can't figure it out. I'm running on a fresh install of Windows 10, installed about three days ago from the latest public release build of the Windows 10 installer media files. For some ungodly reason, even though I've performed clean boots, tried safe mode, run multiple SFC scans, ran the `DISM /restorehealth /cleanup-image /online` command, enabled and used the default administrator account, and checked to make sure that there are no viruses or malware files sitting in my computer, I still can't find the problem. I haven't messed with any system files or modified anything pertaining to the Windows functionality, but for all I know something could have started like it did with my last hard drive which quite literally had its PCB turn from motherboard green to dark muted green where the cryptography service started going haywire and then it suddenly refused to read any files whatsoever on the drive, but I just got my current hard drive brand new five days ago, and didn't start using it until the day I installed Windows 10 on it. I'm on a Dell Latitude E6430 with 8 GB of RAM and an i5-3320 processor 2.60 GHz clock speed, not overclocked. The new hard drive is a PNY SATA hard drive, with 500 GB storage, but I am not sure which specific model it is because the box from it has magically disappeared from my bedroom.

Is there anything that I should be aware of that could potentially be causing this problem? The taskbar and File Explorer are completely locked up, so I can't open anything that I don't know the direct path to despite being able to open Run. Start+X still works as well, but it isn't opening any programs I select. It can't be hard drive damage or system file corruption this early into a fresh installation, can it?

:)

JoshuaAOlson, Aug 1, 2020

2. Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager

In windows 10 Pro im trying to delete a file called dsovlwx.exe . I found of where the folder is located and i cant delete and its taking up to much system resources for no reason as i keep multitasking the ram usage of that process keeps increasing i think this could be some type of virus. When i open task manager its named Windowsprocess manager.I tried using file assassin to delete but i cant delete it what so ever.
    Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... [​IMG]

Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... [​IMG]

louie123456789, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager

this is what i get

louie123456789, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

how to have resource monitor not open up automatically

Hello Conanlabiche, lets try this since Windows do have now a function to Automatically Open apps that did not closed properly when you shut down or reboot the PC. Try to END TASK the Resource Manager from TASK MANAGER Lock the computer log back in and
    try to reboot and check if the Resource Monitor will automatically open again.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

1. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on... - Similar Threads - Resource Monitor Task

2. network visibility / Function Discovery Resource Publication service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network visibility / Function Discovery Resource Publication service: I have a laptop and a desktop both running Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)) and both sharing folders on my home network. The laptop is normally plugged in to AC power and is set to automatically turn off the screen after 30 minutes but never go to sleep. If...
  3. the memory usage is going crazy and the task manager and resources monitor are not helping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the memory usage is going crazy and the task manager and resources monitor are not helping: I noticed two weeks ago that the memory usage never drops under 87% while I don't run heavy programs, actually it's the browser (I open Reddit and Twitter) with telegram and sometimes VLC and that's it. this thing is crazy because I used to complain about Firefox using over...
  4. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION CONTINUOUS RESTART

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION CONTINUOUS RESTART: Hello, while I was working in windows 10,my system stuck and I forced shut down my pc. Since I started my pc again, I got a "system service exception" error with a continuous restarting. every time it loads log in screen and type my password, I have a blue screen with that...
  5. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service not working

Function Discovery Resource Publication Service not working: Hello, I have a problem with the above mentioned service, therefore i can`t see other devices in the network and also can`t enable filesharing. The only way i can make it work is to start in safe-mode and use the "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" command and restart. Then...
  6. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error

Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error: Hello, When i wanted to enable "network detection" on my W10x64 Pro, i discovered that this was denied. I could try, but when i closed the screen and opened it, the setting was disabled again. After some searching around on my system i discovered that the cause of this is...
  7. "Function Discovery Resource Publication service" keeps stopping.

"Function Discovery Resource Publication service" keeps stopping.: This started with 1803. This service is set to run automatically. It stops running 2-3 times a month and must be restarted manually. When it stops running the PC is no longer visible on the local network. Does anyone know why it stops or how to keep it from stopping?...
  8. Windows Locking Up, Runs Slow - Resources stolen; Task Manager Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Locking Up, Runs Slow - Resources stolen; Task Manager Problem: Hi! (i5, Windows 10, 8mb Ram) I've talked to Microsoft who took control of my computer and did some very basic trouble shooting. I also posted on a well know forum to check me for Maleware. I am over 3 weeks into this problem. I am still not convinced it is not maleware....
  9. Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Specious Task Taking up system resources in task manager: In windows 10 Pro im trying to delete a file called dsovlwx.exe . I found of where the folder is located and i cant delete and its taking up to much system resources for no reason as i keep multitasking the ram usage of that process keeps increasing i think this could be some...
  10. lock function is on but computer continues to start

in Windows 10 Support
    lock function is on but computer continues to start: After calling up the list using ctrl alt delete I check Lock. Everything was fine for a few weeks but now I hear the computer going out of lock mode at least once every forty-five minutes.I turn on the monitor and the sign in screen is up instead of the no signal advisory....