Windows 10: RESOURCE NOT OWNED - Latest event from troublesome remote machine.

Discus and support RESOURCE NOT OWNED - Latest event from troublesome remote machine. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I hope I've done this correctly. First time using the v02 logger. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jimhelfer, Jun 11, 2020.

1. jimhelfer Win User

RESOURCE NOT OWNED - Latest event from troublesome remote machine.

I hope I've done this correctly. First time using the v02 logger.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The computer in question is a new/refurbished Dell laptop, used remotely (of course). User complains of poor performance and intermittent crashes. I've looked at it several times, and have seen some clues leading to hardware problems, but nothing seems to stick.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    Jimmy

:)

jimhelfer, Jun 11, 2020
  2. DaveIII Win User

Remote Desktop - Remote machine has Headphones

There is a windows 10 machine at work that I can reach from home. I need to watch a video on the work machine but the audio is going to the remote machines headphones which were left plugged-in. Remote Desktop is used and the Local Resources => Settings
    is set to "Play on this Computer". Any ideas how I can get the sound to play on my local machine?

DaveIII, Jun 11, 2020
  3. neuronetv Win User
    remote desktop connection and windows event logs

I'm running remote desktop connection on windows 10 and it won't connect to a remote machine on my own LAN, the error message is:

"This computer can't connect to the remote computer.

Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator."

There's nothing wrong with the remote machine because other windows computers on the same lan can connect to it but the windows 10 machine can't. The error message above doesn't give any reason or error number as to why it fails. I've been through the firewall
    settings, everything looks ok and I'd also tried turning the firewall off, it made no difference.

I expect I may find something if I look in the event logs but I can't see anything there relevant to these failed connections. Where exactly would such info be in the logs?

neuronetv, Jun 11, 2020
  4. RESOURCE NOT OWNED - Latest event from troublesome remote machine.

Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

RESOURCE NOT OWNED - Latest event from troublesome remote machine.

1. RESOURCE NOT OWNED - Latest event from troublesome remote machine. - Similar Threads - RESOURCE OWNED Latest

2. "Resource not owned" blues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Resource not owned" blues: I'm getting BSODs with the code "resource not owned." It happened this morning when I closed ITunes. A dump file was created, which I don't know how to open or read.None of my devices seem to need new drivers, and Windows 10 says it's up to date....
  3. "Resource not owned" blues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Resource not owned" blues: I'm getting BSODs with the code "resource not owned." It happened this morning when I closed ITunes. A dump file was created, which I don't know how to open or read.None of my devices seem to need new drivers, and Windows 10 says it's up to date....
  4. "Resource not owned" blues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios When Connected

Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios When Connected: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  6. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  7. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios

Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  8. BSOD RESOURCE NOT OWNED

BSOD RESOURCE NOT OWNED: Hi, I’m really concerned about my problemI just bought a Surface Pro 7 and install all possible updates. Everything was fine but when I run Microsoft Edge appears the BSOD with the code Resource_Not_Owned, and is really driving me crazy, the first time I thought it was a...
  9. The connection is not accepted by the remote device or resource.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The connection is not accepted by the remote device or resource.: I get this since I moved my pc. The internet works everywhere, except for the Microsoft store or Epic games launcher. I tried about every solution there is and I still get this. How can i fix this? submitted by /u/Fusion63 [link] [comments]...
  10. BSOD resource not owned

BSOD resource not owned: Right after last cumulative update march 2020, I am having BSOD saying "Resource not owned", after 1-2 minutes from login. Perhaps uninstalling the update, but in safe mode Windows update doesn't load, just endless turning around, blank. I was having a sudden problem saying...