Windows 10: resource spikes from power drain (on battery and plugged in) to high CPU of Microsoft...

Discus and support resource spikes from power drain (on battery and plugged in) to high CPU of Microsoft... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; resource spikes from power drain to high CPU of Microsoft programs in win 10 home edition 64 bit none of Microsoft's community forum responses have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D&D-is-awesome-windows-is, Mar 14, 2019.

1. resource spikes from power drain (on battery and plugged in) to high CPU of Microsoft...

resource spikes from power drain to high CPU of Microsoft programs in win 10 home edition 64 bit none of Microsoft's community forum responses have helped the programs giving me the issues are:

• runtime broker
    • WMI host
    • Your Phone
    • Cortana
    • Microsoft office click to run

these items are set to use as little power and background resources as possible per Microsoft tips yet their power hogging has been getting worse since just before the second last update and is now causing a significant increase to heat production from my laptop and larger resource spikes checking that all my drivers were updated worked to lower the impact a bit but not by much. once they start acting up looking at task manager they all say power consumption very high and the CPU usage can jump from 10-70 % at times and if i try monitoring it using a Microsoft built in monitoring tool for more in depth monitoring it just crashes my laptop. i haven't over clocked the laptop either or else i would assume that is the issue is over clocked components failing. i do use it on a hard flat surface and i have recently checked to make sure the fans were working and that it was cleaned out

i have a MSI laptop with 32GB of RAM, an intel core i7 6700HQ processor and a GTX 1070 graphics card

:)

D&D-is-awesome-windows-is, Mar 14, 2019

2. SurfaceBook CPU clock not going down (battery getting drained)

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue. Do not worry we will help you further.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps in the Microsoft help article and check if it helps you to resolve the issues with battery drain on your device.

Surface battery and power

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of battery and CPU usage for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Battery draining quickly

Just need to ask if someone is experiencing battery drain within a day for the HTC 7 mozart phone.

I just got a new phone, and it is draining battery very quickly.

How can I see if any application or any WiFi or GSP application is utilizing too much CPU that is causing high battery usage?

Irfan.Ahmed, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Rick.T Win User

resource spikes from power drain (on battery and plugged in) to high CPU of Microsoft...

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

resource spikes from power drain (on battery and plugged in) to high CPU of Microsoft...

1. resource spikes from power drain (on battery and plugged in) to high CPU of Microsoft... - Similar Threads - resource spikes power

2. High cpu usage battery drain fast HP Pavilion x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage battery drain fast HP Pavilion x360: I dont know why my cpu usage is always very high even though i only use google chrome and my battery drains so fast because of it. 0-100% in like 1.5 hrs...
  3. High cpu usage battery drain fast HP Pavilion x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage battery drain fast HP Pavilion x360: I dont know why my cpu usage is always very high even though i only use google chrome and my battery drains so fast because of it. 0-100% in like 1.5 hrs...
  4. Power drain from battery

Power drain from battery: Hi everyone,I found out about 6 months ago, that battery on my Asus Zephyrus G14 rapidly drain if I don't do windows updates from approx. 5 hours to only about 1 hour 10 minutes. I had this issue on win10 and even now when I upgraded to the win11. Temperature is pretty high...
  5. Power drain from battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power drain from battery: Hi everyone,I found out about 6 months ago, that battery on my Asus Zephyrus G14 rapidly drain if I don't do windows updates from approx. 5 hours to only about 1 hour 10 minutes. I had this issue on win10 and even now when I upgraded to the win11. Temperature is pretty high...
  6. High CPU usage and Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage and Battery Drain: This System process started on my Laptop and draining the battery very fast, pls help I tried finding many solutions but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-and-battery-drain/76aa0a29-df81-4635-a4b4-b60f6585a09c
  7. High CPU usage and Battery Drain

High CPU usage and Battery Drain: This System process started on my Laptop and draining the battery very fast, pls help I tried finding many solutions but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-and-battery-drain/76aa0a29-df81-4635-a4b4-b60f6585a09c
  8. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  9. Battery draining when plugged in

Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...
  10. Fast Battery Power Draining

Fast Battery Power Draining: Hello, I have a problem with my PC involving my battery. I found out what the problem was, but not how to solve it. Here is what I did: On command prompt with administrator privileges, I typed: powercfg/energy. Next, once I had and read the report, I understood the...