Windows 10: ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

Discus and support ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; usually i have no trouble with resource hacker... now when i replace a icon im usally able to see the icons in imageres.dll and select a icon... now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Campoli, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

usually i have no trouble with resource hacker...
    now when i replace a icon im usally able to see the icons in imageres.dll and select a icon...
    now when i want to replace a icon on a exe file i open resource hacker, replace icon, select imageres.dll and NOTHING shows up, im usually able to see the list.

:)

Steven Campoli, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Nov 19, 2018
  4. ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll

1. ResourceHacker problem. replace exe icon from icon in imagres.dll - Similar Threads - ResourceHacker problem replace

2. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  3. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  4. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  5. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  6. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

7. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  8. Is there a way to replace this icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace this icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SERISET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqilj1/is_there_a_way_to_replace_this_icon/
  9. DLL. Icon file replacing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLL. Icon file replacing: Hello all, i have a question about MS Visual Studio and DLL. files. i have a handful of original, straight from the files, Windows XP application icons. i googled around a little and found where they were stored on Win10. is there a quick and easy way or just basically a way...
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resource hacker exe change icon doesnt work