Windows 10: Response of ribbon to clicking zipped files: oddness continues

Discus and support Response of ribbon to clicking zipped files: oddness continues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Exactly a month ago, I started a thread called "Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location" in General Support. The problem I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wisewiz, May 14, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Response of ribbon to clicking zipped files: oddness continues

Exactly a month ago, I started a thread called "Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location" in General Support. The problem I described there continues, and I've noticed another, quite similar problem just now. When I double-click a zipped file, that minor problem with Copy To and Move To in the ribbon shows up (almost identically, if you consider what's absent on the problem machine) in the Extract ribbon, namely, the choices that should be there -- traditional libraries and Quick Access folders -- aren't. Again, it's not a disabling malfunction: I can still unzip files as well as the next guy can. But I sure would like to know what's causing the difference between normal displays and decimated displays on that machine. Ideas? (Pro 20H2 on both, and no other problems I've found.)

:)

Wisewiz, May 14, 2021
  2. HansV MVP Win User

ZIPping files

Windows can zip a file (or multiple files) without needing extra software.

• Select the files you want.
    • Right-click any one of the selected files.
    • Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu.
    • If you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, you can also click Zip on the
      Share tab of the ribbon.

HansV MVP, May 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Zip functions

I am using Windows 10 and trying to create a zip file. I followed the usual steps of selecting a file, right-click, hover on Send To, and then select the Zip option to compress the file. However, there isn't an option for using the Zip function. It is missing.
    I then used File Explorer and found the Zip function on the ribbon, but the function doesn't work. I select the file and click on the Zip icon. Nothing happens, no error message, no file creation, nada.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated...greatly!

SteveC-978, May 14, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Response of ribbon to clicking zipped files: oddness continues - Similar Threads - Response ribbon clicking

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  6. File Explorer non-responsive to right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer non-responsive to right click: Windows 10 Pro No trouble viewing c drive. Right click it and File Explorer locks up. The wheel keeps circling. It will stop after a long while, but menu does not open. What to do? Edit: removed issue of mapped drives not appearing. They appear now....
  7. Odd click behavior - Can't click and drag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd click behavior - Can't click and drag: Hello, everyone. For the past few weeks, I've been having a very strange click behavior in my Windows 10 laptop. I lost the ability to click and drag tabs from Chrome into a separate window, and now I've noticed I can't do that either with the icons in my taskbar. First I...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. no response for mouse clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no response for mouse clicking: after install the new system. everything are not response for mouse clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-response-for-mouse-clicking/bae4c39b-bfbf-472f-9856-ef8ed712a697
  10. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956