Windows 10: Restart a specific program with a batch file

Discus and support Restart a specific program with a batch file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to restart Windows Audio Device graph multiple times a day to the point that I just want to map a button on my stream deck to end the task. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PsychoSunshine, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Restart a specific program with a batch file

I have to restart Windows Audio Device graph multiple times a day to the point that I just want to map a button on my stream deck to end the task. Is there a way to create a shortcut to end the task? I've tried taskkill /f /im audiodg.exe but that was unsuccessful. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/PsychoSunshine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PsychoSunshine, Mar 24, 2021

2. Writing batch files

I haven't done any coding for a very long time and I am looking for a tutorial and command list for making a batch file in win10. All I can seem to find are videos or sites that tell you that you use notepad to save a file as a .bat with virtually no info
    on the actual programming/scripting. I know it'll all come back to me once I do one or two basic files, but I need a detailed refresher. Any suggestions?

(Specifically, I need a program to replace lines in one text file with lines from a different text file.)

CosmicCowboy, Mar 24, 2021
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Restart a specific program with a batch file

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Restart a specific program with a batch file

1. Restart a specific program with a batch file - Similar Threads - Restart specific program

2. Batch file to restart app after wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch file to restart app after wake: Hi all, I've got a htpc app that uses media files on a separate server. When I wake the htpc from standby, the app does not pick up the networked files correctly if for example the server itself has gone into standby. I'd like to automatically close the app, either before the...
  3. Batch script - Move specific file ext

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch script - Move specific file ext: Good Day, I'm running Windows 10 and searched a few threads but didn't fine one specific to my needs so hoping someone could help me out. What I would like is a batch script to search a folder and all it's subfolders for a specific file ext of my choosing, for example...
  4. Remote execution of specific batch file on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote execution of specific batch file on network.: Hi, I am trying to setup a function on my home server in which ISOs can be created and burned over the network using the server pc's optical drives. I am using oscdimg and imgburn command prompt utilities for this. I have created a script that runs on the local PC, and based...
  5. Batch Scripts / Programs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Scripts / Programs.: The members and quests who use this forum know how professional, informative and helpful it is! In order to help members solve their problems/issues we often ask them to run certain programs and perform certain tasks and then upload [ post ] the results to the forum for us...
  6. Start a program from a batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start a program from a batch file: I'm trying to create a batch file that should - call another batch file - start a program and then wait for the program to close - call another batch file My goal with this is to work around an issue in Windows 10 where the screensaver won't work when I have my game...
  7. Looking for a program to batch resize .png files.

Looking for a program to batch resize .png files.: I use Photoshop for .jpg files, but it can't seem to do .png. What programs can do this? 57086
  8. Start a program from a batch file

Start a program from a batch file: 4 Apps of mine run a batch file that -tries- to call/start and EXE program. These Batch files need to work with OS XP thru Win 10. Win 10 has a pop-up window asking user if its okay to run/execute my EXE. No other Win version does this and thus I suspect a timing problem....
  9. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...
  10. Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized: I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them always appears above the rest...