Windows 10: restart after sleeping

Discus and support restart after sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When the computer is left on until it automatically sleeps, or when I push the sleep button, on returning to use the computer I click the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WilliamCordray, Mar 30, 2020.

1. restart after sleeping

When the computer is left on until it automatically sleeps, or when I push the sleep button, on returning to use the computer I click the power button and a full screen photo comes up. Normally I would hit the space bar and it would flip to the sign-in page but often, hitting the space bar does nothing and I am unable to sign in and use the computer. I have to shut it down and restart it.

:)

WilliamCordray, Mar 30, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Mar 30, 2020
  4. restart after sleeping

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

restart after sleeping

1. restart after sleeping - Similar Threads - restart sleeping

2. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  3. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  4. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  5. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  6. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  7. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  8. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  9. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  10. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...