Windows 10: Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key

Discus and support Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my new Lenovo Thinkpad X270, I disabled TPM and switched from UEFI to Compatibility mode so that I could boot from a CD that required this. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PTMguelph, Apr 16, 2020.

1. PTMguelph Win User

Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key

On my new Lenovo Thinkpad X270, I disabled TPM and switched from UEFI to Compatibility mode so that I could boot from a CD that required this. When I switched the settings back and rebooted, I was asked for the Bitlocker recovery key.

My first question is why was I asked for this?

I retrieved the recovery key from my Microsoft account, entered it and was able to boot into Win 10. Now, however, every time I do a restart, I'm asked again for the Bitlocker recovery key.

My next question is why does this keep coming up and how can I stop it?

:)

PTMguelph, Apr 16, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key

1. Restart Always Requires Bitlocker Recovery Key - Similar Threads - Restart Always Requires

2. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  3. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  4. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  5. Bitlocker key recovery help required

Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  6. Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart: Hi There,I am using Windows surface 6 pro, today morning when i was trying to start my notebook, it asked for repair, when i start the repair it says unable to repair please reset your machine,When i try to do it was asking my bitlocker key i given and success. but its not...
  7. Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart

Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart: Hi There,I am using Windows surface 6 pro, today morning when i was trying to start my notebook, it asked for repair, when i start the repair it says unable to repair please reset your machine,When i try to do it was asking my bitlocker key i given and success. but its not...
  8. BitLocker recovery key required

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker recovery key required: I bought my son a 2017 Dell Laptop for college. He was just using it and accidentally hit some F button and it is now asking for this key that we have never setup or he does not have an outlook.com account. He has all his data on the hard drive. He needs to get on his...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key required for windows starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key required for windows starting: Hi, My system is not getting started and when i go to trouble shoot, it shows me 'Startup repair'. On clicking this option, it asks me to enter 48 digit bitlocker recovery key. I tried getting this recovery key from my registered Microsoft email account, but when i enter...
  10. Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup: I am always asked for my bitlocker recovery key when my Win 10 PC boots. I do knpw my recovery code and when I enter it, the boot continues normally. I would like to eliminate the need to enter my recovery code every time, so please tell me how to eliminate it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bitlocker keeps asking for the recovery key