Windows 10: Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before

Discus and support Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my restart and shutdown processes have been taking alot longer than normal so i looked up possible solutions and none have worked so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GlitchG4ming, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before

Hi,

Recently my restart and shutdown processes have been taking alot longer than normal so i looked up possible solutions and none have worked so far, however one method showed how to see what could be causing the problem by going into the Event Viewer. Below are screenshots of what i assume is causing the problem so if anyone knows how to stop these from effecting my restart and shutdown process that would be great. thanks for reading.

Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before bddf8aa2-53dd-43a8-8dd7-934434af00ca?upload=true.png Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before 14adac60-71f8-41d6-8343-ccba2aad67cb?upload=true.png Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before 7c068c06-3ea4-4fa8-9c3f-ad09b529ae78?upload=true.png Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before 3acdf4f9-6534-4a79-ae08-629ae06c78ee?upload=true.png Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before 9115b20c-20b0-4749-93c6-205ed73cc490?upload=true.png

:)

GlitchG4ming, Dec 1, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 1, 2019
  3. little cat, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before

Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

This is not the issue I am having.

It is (on-screen) Start>Power>Shutdown (or Restart) that stops working (or right-click the Start and try those on-screen buttons). For me, only Hibernate appears to work but unlike the normal process, this one takes a very long time. This can be a problem
    when I am leaving to go to work and cannot wait for the process to finish.

WildcatRay, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before

1. Restart and Shutdown Process Taking Much Longer Than Before - Similar Threads - Restart Shutdown Process

2. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown: this issue appeared in Dec 2023, any idea why this is happening to only HP laptops - Updates are up to date - no policy conflicts - Up to date HP BIOS updates...
  3. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown: this issue appeared in Dec 2023, any idea why this is happening to only HP laptops - Updates are up to date - no policy conflicts - Up to date HP BIOS updates...
  4. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.: Hello. Recently, the dism and sfc /scannow commands have begun to take much longer than before. Previously, these commands took 10 minutes to complete, but now they take more than half an hour, sfc /scannow is very slow. In the summer I didn’t turn on the laptop for a long...
  6. The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The dism and sfc /scannow commands take longer than before.: Hello. Recently, the dism and sfc /scannow commands have begun to take much longer than before. Previously, these commands took 10 minutes to complete, but now they take more than half an hour, sfc /scannow is very slow. In the summer I didn’t turn on the laptop for a long...
  7. Latest 20H2 update makes shutdown / restart much slower than it should be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest 20H2 update makes shutdown / restart much slower than it should be: Hey there! Today I was casually gaming when I decided to take a break and clean some junk files and update my PC, like a do regularly. So, I opened settings and downloaded the update (pretty sure it was the cumulative update for 20H2?), and restarted my PC. Then, I cleaned up...
  8. Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10: i have a new hp laptop with windows10 built-in. less than a week the restart option takes a long time. over 3 minutes it goes over : 1. hp logo screen 2. wait screen 3 .windows welcome screen 4.It takes a while to display my name with Hello if i choose shut-down...
  9. Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login time takes longer than before after KB4540673 update: Before I install KB4540673 update, every boot up all the way into desktop takes roughly 5 minutes. After I install the KB4540673 cumulative update, the boot up start as normal then when enter login it will keep loading and showing Welcome for 5 minutes bumping the time to...
  10. Restart Take Much Longer to Start Than If Started From Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart Take Much Longer to Start Than If Started From Shutdown: On my new HP Laptop (2.3ghz), when I start Windows 10 from a power on start, Win10 starts in about 40 seconds. When I restart, it takes about 1 minute and 35 seconds to start. Why the huge difference in the two? On each of my Win 7 machines there is just a 2 or 3 second...