Windows 10: Restart app error--...mem could not be written...

Discus and support Restart app error--...mem could not be written... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm sure I can resolve the particular error with the fellow that writes and supports gSyncit. With him being a one man shop, I don't want to bother him... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by markg2, Aug 12, 2017.

1. markg2 Win User

Restart app error--...mem could not be written...

I'm sure I can resolve the particular error with the fellow that writes and supports gSyncit. With him being a one man shop, I don't want to bother him with anything more than the solution. But I'd really like to know 'why' this sort of thing occurs. I've received a similar memory error with other software through the years and the reason has maintained a mystery.

Since the machine is closing Windows at the time I can't get a screenshot. This is my best paraphrase:App errorW: gsyncit.exe
    Instruction reference at (a bunch of 0's, I think an 'x' and...) ...memory could not be written...
    In the background you can see that Windows is waiting for this program close. After clearing the memory error I then tell Windows to close gSyncit and the machine continues with the restart.

What causes this problem?

EDIT: I've read several threads on this message and it's clear there isn't one underlying cause--it can be many. I sent the email to Dave thinking he's likely familiar with what most likely is the cause.

Mark

:)

markg2, Aug 12, 2017

2. Explorer.exe Memory could not be written

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 i am having serious problems.

When I shut on the computer and 10-20 sec after or if i click in a program, explorer.exe don´t work, mi screen go black and i can´t do anything. (I am doing this executing Firefox.exe)

Sometimes i get a windows error saying: Explorer.exe Memory could not be written.

I have tried, startup in safe mode and clean startup and more but it didn´t work.

I don´t know what i can do...

Mi english is bad... sry :/ If anyone spanish could talk with me i would appreciate ^^

JuanPardos Zarate, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Memory Could not be Written Errors - Unable to Access Start Menu to Attempt Fix

I have been having issues with CyberPower PC Gamer Ultra Desktop, which uses Windows 10. I have been getting application errors informing me that my memory could not be written. Specifically, the
    error reads: The instruction at 0X00000000759D1DC4 referenced memory at 0X00000000736200EB. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program.

I have looked up the issue on this site and have tried to follow instructions I found but they all involve using the start menu - which I cannot access. It simply won't appear when clicked
    on. After a while the screen goes black, leaving me with just my mouse cursor. If I restart the computer I it appears to be fine, but I am still unable to access my start menu to run a clean boot or run the system file checker as recommended.

[Moved from:
    Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

KevinMacKenzie1, Aug 12, 2017
  4. markg2 Win User

Along the lines of 'the underlying cause can be many', it turns out the problem is a bug in Malwarebytes. If you turn off Exploit Protection, no gSyncit problem. The Malwarebytes board is active on the problem--not necessarily the company.

markg2, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Restart app error--...mem could not be written... - Similar Threads - Restart app error

2. Memory Could Not Be Written

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Could Not Be Written: I keep getting an error that says:The instruction at 0x00007FFF3EE2A611 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate programInfo:I have more than enough RAM for the games/programs I'm running. It often happens when I'm...
  3. Memory Could Not Be Written

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Could Not Be Written: I keep getting an error that says:The instruction at 0x00007FFF3EE2A611 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate programInfo:I have more than enough RAM for the games/programs I'm running. It often happens when I'm...
  4. The Instruction at 0x1013D472 or 0x000000001013D472 referenced memory could not be written

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Instruction at 0x1013D472 or 0x000000001013D472 referenced memory could not be written: Hello guysSo My windows was updating yesterday the normal windows update check after it updated i closed the PCToday when i opened my PC i started to get a bunch of "Application Error" from most of the programs i have on my pc this is the error messageit is not only...
  5. Various "Memory could not be written" Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various "Memory could not be written" Errors: I recently built a new PC. Every time I shutdown/restart I get the following errors - Error 1 Error 2. This isn't just specific to these applications. I will get the same messages on several apps like OneDrive, Steam, WallpaperEngine, ect. First I tried running a memory test...
  6. Various "Memory could not be written" Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various "Memory could not be written" Errors: I recently built a new PC. Every time I shutdown/restart I get the following errors - Error 1 Error 2. This isn't just specific to these applications. I will get the same messages on several apps like OneDrive, Steam, WallpaperEngine, ect. First I tried running a memory test...
  7. Apps crashing with the error memory could not be written

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps crashing with the error memory could not be written: I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 4 on steam and everytime i try to run this game it crashes with the below error. I reached out to game support but they informed that this is actually a issue with my OS. I tried running the game in safe mode and it works perfectly....
  8. Memory could not be written 0x0000

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory could not be written 0x0000: whenever I try to run apps on my computer it crashes and a pop up reading along the lines that the referenced memory at 0x000... could not be written. It started happening a few months ago leaving my computer useless and I just recently have been trying to fix it. I've...
  9. Memory could not be read/written error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory could not be read/written error: Hi, i have a question to you all. every time i start up my computer, i try to open Steam or just anything that i had to download AND install (things that werent downloaded and installed automatically) i get a notification that says „memory could not be read/written” can...
  10. Explorer.exe memory could not be written

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe memory could not be written: I've had this problem for 2 months now, I get this error: explorer.exe - Application Error The instruction at 0x0000... referenced memory at 0x0000.... The memory could not be written. I've read about this error and everyone seems to have it linked with shutting down...