Windows 10: Restart/Automatic Repair Problems

Discus and support Restart/Automatic Repair Problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using an Acer-Aspire 3 laptop. I was in the middle of work when the screen suddenly said that I have to restart it. "Preparing for Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kangsola+, May 24, 2021.

1. kangsola+ Win User

Restart/Automatic Repair Problems

I am using an Acer-Aspire 3 laptop. I was in the middle of work when the screen suddenly said that I have to restart it. "Preparing for Automatic Repair" showed up followed by a black screen. And now, I'm stuck with it for the whole day. What should I do?

:)

kangsola+, May 24, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 24, 2021
  3. Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, May 24, 2021
  4. Restart/Automatic Repair Problems

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Restart/Automatic Repair Problems

1. Restart/Automatic Repair Problems - Similar Threads - Restart Automatic Repair

2. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Problem: i tried all this way startup settings startup repair command from uninstall update but i didn't get any solutionI watch some videos related to this topic on YouTube how can I fix this problem but I didn't find any solution...
  3. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Problem: i tried all this way startup settings startup repair command from uninstall update but i didn't get any solutionI watch some videos related to this topic on YouTube how can I fix this problem but I didn't find any solution...
  4. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  6. Restart going to automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart going to automatic repair: Hi plz anyone help me if i restart my pc it is going to automatic repair i dont know why it is happening i have pay to buy a new os everytime in this lockdown i buyed more than 6 times i dont know what to to do next time am going to put another os becuz of waste windows...
  7. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Problem: When I was Attending my Online Class then Wifi disconnects then, I reconnects it, then it doesn't has internet access. So, I ran the troubleshoot and it showed that it is fixed and resets network then a dialogue box showed up and says shutdown in 5 min. Then I restarted my...
  8. Automatic repair problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic repair problem: Hi everyone, I have a problem : When a turn on my PC windows doesn't start, and I have a blue screen with "Automatic repair" (translate from french "Réparation automatique") Someone can help me ? submitted by /u/_M0rty_ [link] [comments]...
  9. AUTOMATIC REPAIR PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AUTOMATIC REPAIR PROBLEM: Hello guys, I’ve been facing this problem after i had done a stupid thing of (image restoring of ios on a usb) and since that i’ve been facing this automatic repair loop. i’ve tried everything which is mentioned in youtube videos and now i don’t know what to do so pls help...
  10. Automatic repair problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair problem: I recently installed a new motherboard and i have to install windows again. Problem is during automatic repair, it just loops forever. Never goes to trouble shoot or anything. Just forever looping automatic repair loading screen. 85660