Windows 10: Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

Discus and support Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RakaAbdul, Mar 8, 2019.

1. RakaAbdul Win User

Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple suggestions from the internet like disabled app with high impact on startup, checked the troubleshooting the power from control panel, and tried to uncheck the fast startup in power option > change setting... unavailable > (couldn't findt it it even after turned the hibernate on from cmd with elevated permission). Now i'm clueless what to do to solve this problem and might some of you could help me with this. Thank you

and I'm so sorry if my English is bad

:)

RakaAbdul, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Andre_Bd Win User

Suspension/Boot/Restart times very slow

Removing Avira halved the loading time after login, for both boot and restart. Times for restart (before login) are still quite long, but this is at least one step, thank you.

Andre_Bd, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 takes long time to Boot

I recently purchased a laptop (ideapad 330s, i5 8th gen, 8GB RAM). I set it up and noticed that it takes atleast 4 minutes to boot if I restart it. If I power off it and start it then it takes about 1.5-2 minutes (because of "turn on fast startup"- I've
    verified it by disabling it and then noting down the time).

Details: When I click on Restart, it takes 20-30 second to turn the screen off and then back on. Then it shows the Lenovo Logo for another 20-30. It takes similar amount of time to get to login screen. After entering my login credentials, it again takes
    around 30 second to go to desktop.

Solutions that I've tried:

1) Reset - no improvement

2) Hardware diagnostics tests - every hardware component was tested; nothing wrong with any hardware.

3) Disable startup programs - no effect

4) Tried custom boot options as suggested by Lenovo technical support - no effect

5) "Windows search" and "windows updates" we disable by Lenovo technical support - still no effect

6) Clean Install - some improvement (now nobo time is reduced; for restart it takes around 2-2:10 and for simple start it takes around 1:10 - 1:20 minutes.

What the hell is wrong with it?

I have the latest version of Windows i.e. 1803

Manish Kumar Bisht, Mar 8, 2019
  4. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes) - Similar Threads - Restart boot takes

2. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  3. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC takes a long time to restart: My pc takes a long time to restart since a few days ago. It takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-takes-a-long-time-to-restart/deaea9a5-320e-475f-af94-8a4bbdf073e1
  4. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC takes a long time to restart: My pc takes a long time to restart since a few days ago. It takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-takes-a-long-time-to-restart/deaea9a5-320e-475f-af94-8a4bbdf073e1
  5. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop takes a long time to boot

Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  7. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  8. Windows taking long time to boot

Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  9. PC takes a long time to restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes a long time to restart?: Basically if I use the Restart option it takes a long time for my PC to restart, the keyboard and screen will go off as they should, but instead of kicking back in straight away, they will take about a minute before they come back on and then windows instantly loads. I have...
  10. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart takes longer then boot

2. restart takes long time

3. new pc restart after loading mcfee screen blank 30 minutes

4. my pc takes 20 minutes to restart