Windows 10: Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

Discus and support Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 whenever I use the Restart button Windows closes OK and my computer continues to run, but Windows fails to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidicusPatrisio, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 whenever I use the Restart button Windows closes OK and my computer continues to run, but Windows fails to reboot and I have to press the Reset button to get it to reboot.

Power settings are the same as I had in Win 7 and the Shutdown and Sleep modes work OK.

How can I get it to reboot Windows on the Restart?

:)

DavidicusPatrisio, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 whenever I use the Restart button Windows closes OK and my computer continues to run, but Windows fails to reboot and I have to press the Reset button to get it to reboot.

Power settings are the same as I had in Win 7 and the Shutdown and Sleep modes work OK.

How can I get it to reboot Windows on the Restart?

DavidicusPatrisio, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

1. Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot. - Similar Threads - Restart closes does

2. gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing?: Nothing since 2015, recently for me on 10 latest build* Moved from Community Center* Old thread with no solution: gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown...
  3. Windows 10 reboots/restarts multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reboots/restarts multiple times a day: never had this problem before. Noticed it because after the desktop is idle for a while, I have to sign in to windows because it rebooted for no apparent reason. Never had to sign in after the desktop is idle before, only had to sign in when I shutdown or restarted...
  4. This PC does not load working on it. Windows explorer restarts automatically after closing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This PC does not load working on it. Windows explorer restarts automatically after closing...: I am having this problem for a few months. I can open File explorer and access local disks through the left pane. But, when I click on this pc or my computer, it just hangs. I would close it with task manager or simply clicking close window from the task bar. After a few...
  5. Windows 10 reboots/restarts randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reboots/restarts randomly: I have already tried the one thing where you go though the control panel but it still doesn't work. Tech support has already came too and said I just needed some updates but it too didn't work either. This "bug" I guess is super annoying...
  6. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.: There are a couple of programs that I like to have as my default programs, my Browser (Firefox) and my media player (VLC) and I can change them to be the defaults, BUT every time I restart or reboot my computer they get changed back to the windows defaults like Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 does not want to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not want to restart: Hello, I set up a W10 1809 image on Intel S2600CP computer. All the drivers are updated to latest from device manager. However the W10 can't restart, and it just hang during the W10 logo and parts of the blue points. I also tried safe restart, but same result. Any...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  9. Weird Window that does not close

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Window that does not close: My friend just emailed me yesterday two pictures of a window that says {dependencyProperty.UnsetValue}. He says it does not go away and he has to reset his machine so he can use it until it shows up a few minutes later. I asked him if he installed anything or did any...
  10. Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart: After latest Win10 updates, it does not remember the sizes or locations of windows that I intentionally left open when shutting down or restarting. Does anyone know how this non-techie can make it remember? 68231