Windows 10: Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Occasionally my computer will disconnect from my Wi-Fi, it'll disappear then show back up on my network list. It'll connect but have no internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smugilicious, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi

Occasionally my computer will disconnect from my Wi-Fi, it'll disappear then show back up on my network list. It'll connect but have no internet access. If I reset it'll connect immediately with internet access. How would I fix this?

submitted by /u/smugilicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smugilicious, Feb 25, 2021
  2. adeleyn Win User

Wi-fi restarts

my wi-fi is constantly restarting, it works for a while and then disconnects and reconnects

adeleyn, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Feb 25, 2021
  4. johnny234 Win User

Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi

1. Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Restart computer reconnect

2. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  3. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  4. Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and I am not able to watch any streaming services smoothly because of that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Network drivers manually, I tried unchecking the power management box, I even tried connecting...
  5. Wi-Fi randomly disconnects and doesn't reconnect

Wi-Fi randomly disconnects and doesn't reconnect: While I was on a Zoom meeting, the Wi-Fi send and receive data went down from 512 kbps to just 0. However, it is a Wi-Fi card with only b/g/n supported. The router is compatible to 5 GHz and has a/b/g/n/ac. With full bars of the 2.4 GHz that the network in my computer, it...
  6. wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects

wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects: hi ! the question is in the title ! best regards ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-disconnects-and/04a11209-a950-4c27-9668-2fd4d083b040
  7. Anybody else dealing with Windows not automatically reconnecting to Wi-Fi after a restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody else dealing with Windows not automatically reconnecting to Wi-Fi after a restart?: I've just updated my Notebook 9 Pro to the latest version of Windows (and there goes my issue probably right there...) but now when I start up Windows, it never wants to reconnect to Wi-Fi. EVEN THOUGH "Connect Automatically" is always checked when I go to see if it's on....
  8. Need to disconnect and reconnect Ethernet and/or Wi-fi connection whenever computer...

Need to disconnect and reconnect Ethernet and/or Wi-fi connection whenever computer...: My laptop is a MSi GV62 8RD running Windows 10 Home. The wireless adapter is the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462, the Ethernet is a Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) I have tried updating drivers, re-flashing the BIOS, not allowing windows to...
  9. Wi-fi restarts

Wi-fi restarts: my wi-fi is constantly restarting, it works for a while and then disconnects and reconnects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-restarts/9e0d2594-bda1-47a6-b964-e249c1a0f047
  10. Loss of WI-Fi on restart

Loss of WI-Fi on restart: Has anyone come up with a fix for Windows 10 not restoring Wi-Fi connections when restarted? this has been an ongoing nuisance that I think Microsoft should come up with a fix. Ron Fiore 36466