Windows 10: Restart fails

Discus and support Restart fails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Restart freezes at the splash screen and won't load windows. If I restart again it loads. I have: disabled fast start disabled secure boot reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oigetit, Nov 26, 2020.

1. oigetit Win User

Restart fails

Restart freezes at the splash screen and won't load windows. If I restart again it loads.

I have:

disabled fast start

disabled secure boot

reset Windows 10

ran the start up troubleshooter and it did not detect the issue

Nothing has fixed this. I can't install update because it fails restarts during installation. I don't have much hair left to pull out :

:)

oigetit, Nov 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 26, 2020
  3. RTH
    RTH Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade fails after first restart

Thank you, here are the screenshots as suggested.
    My disks list:
    (Disk 1 is 1 TB hard drive and Disk 2 is 256 GB SSD for system)

Restart fails [​IMG]

My bcdedit:

Restart fails [​IMG]

4. chideock Win User

Restart fails

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Restart fails

1. Restart fails - Similar Threads - Restart fails

2. My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...: My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what might be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-failing-to-restart-it-is-saying-that/8a7154a8-73f4-4be4-a73a-bf523142f21e
  3. My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...: My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what might be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-failing-to-restart-it-is-saying-that/8a7154a8-73f4-4be4-a73a-bf523142f21e
  4. My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update: Gets stuck in never ending loop of “something didn’t go right….please keep computer on”Tried hard reset but does same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-wont-restart-after-failed-update/bb190a08-d250-40f8-b836-5c7b92056e84
  6. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update: Gets stuck in never ending loop of “something didn’t go right….please keep computer on”Tried hard reset but does same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-wont-restart-after-failed-update/bb190a08-d250-40f8-b836-5c7b92056e84
  7. Lenovo laptop won’t restart after failed update

8. user profile service failed the sign in, shift+restart doesn’t work, can’t shut down to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile service failed the sign in, shift+restart doesn’t work, can’t shut down to...: So, my friend just reset their laptop Acer Swift 3 and is giving it to me, but whenever we try to sign in, it says “The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.” Shift + Restart doesn’t work, nor does shutting it down during boot. the power...
  9. user profile service failed the sign in, shift+restart doesn’t work, can’t shut down to...

user profile service failed the sign in, shift+restart doesn’t work, can’t shut down to...: So, my friend just reset their laptop Acer Swift 3 and is giving it to me, but whenever we try to sign in, it says “The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.” Shift + Restart doesn’t work, nor does shutting it down during boot. the power...
  10. user profile service failed the sign in, shift+restart doesn’t work, can’t shut down to...