Windows 10: Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working.

Discus and support Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working. 1. Problems: a. Inability to auto-restart my Desktop PC from either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stretch914, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working.

Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working.
    1. Problems:
    a. Inability to auto-restart my Desktop PC from either “Sleep” or “Hibernate” modes”.
    b. Also the command "Ctrl-Alt-Del" will not work after either "Sleep" and/or "Hibernate".
    2. System:
    a. OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64) Ver 1803 (build 17134.706){00330-71302-36995-AAOEM }
    b. System Type: 64 bit OS & 64 bit CPU.
    c. CPU: 3.40 GHz Intel Core i5-3570K
    d. Mo Bo: ASUSTeK P8Z77-V LK Rev X.0x
    e. Bus Clock: 100 MHZ
    f. Boot Mode: Legacy BIOS in UEFI
    g. UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. 1103 07/16/2013
    h. Memory Modules: 16328 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    i. Drives: 8000.30 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity-4436.20 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
    j. Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB c: (NTFS on drive 0) *OS installed on c:
    k. Controllers: Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - Standard SATA AHCI Controller
    l. Hotfixes from Windows Update (agent version 10.0.17134.254) install automatically. Last install: 04/12/19.

Need recommendations on how to get both “Sleep” or “Hibernate” modes to auto-start.

:)

stretch914, Apr 28, 2019

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 28, 2019
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working. ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

Depends on whether you have the Welcome Screen, or the Domain Logon screen at boot up.

Darknova, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Restart Failure After "Sleep" & "Hibernate" + Ctrl-Alt-Del Not Working. - Similar Threads - Restart Failure Sleep

2. ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes: I noticed lately some of our machines, when they go to sleep hitting any key or ctrl+alt+del does not bring the login screen - it’s just flickers and goes away. Users have to reboot the machine which sucks. Anybody seen this issue before? submitted by /u/Poutcheki [link]...
  3. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  4. Ctrl+Alt+Del to Unlock is Enabled Automatically, Hibernate & Sleep are also not Working &...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to Unlock is Enabled Automatically, Hibernate & Sleep are also not Working &...: On 28th June, I was working on something & due to low battery, my laptop Shut Down. Now, my laptop doesn't do the usual thing of sleeping instead it shuts down completely also It's been a long-time problem with my windows that it doesn't give me the Battery Low Warning.But...
  5. Ctrl+Alt+Del to Unlock is Enabled Automatically & it's Annoying me, Hibernate & Sleep are...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to Unlock is Enabled Automatically & it's Annoying me, Hibernate & Sleep are...: On 28th June, I was working on something & due to low battery, my laptop Shut Down. Now, my laptop doesn't do the usual thing of sleeping instead it shuts down completely also It's been a long-time problem with my windows that it doesn't give me the Battery Low Warning.But...
  6. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  7. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  8. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  9. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...