Windows 10: Restart hangs up after windows update

Discus and support Restart hangs up after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; following windows 10 updates, then going into restart after installing an update, the PC (restart process) just sits there spinning and never completes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PAULMINER1, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Restart hangs up after windows update

following windows 10 updates, then going into restart after installing an update, the PC (restart process) just sits there spinning and never completes to a restart. I always must force shutdown, holding power switch. This after waiting in excess of one hour and more...

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3)

Last failed install attempt on ‎12/‎8/‎2018 - 0x80070002

:)

PAULMINER1, Dec 13, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Restart hangs up after windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Restart hangs up after windows update

Windows update hangs

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the Visual C++ updates are updating constantly number of time again and again. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start and type Programs and features.
    • Select all the listed programs with the Microsoft Visual C++
      and Uninstall them.

If restart is prompted Suggest you to restart. If not, after the Uninstall is done
    Go ahead and check for the updates in Windows Updates and install the updates for Microsoft Visual C++
    and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Restart hangs up after windows update

1. Restart hangs up after windows update - Similar Threads - Restart hangs update

2. windows hangs and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hangs and restart: ok so i was browsing edge browser and suddenly after closing it, Pc hanged and then restarted. Here is v2 log file linkhttps://1drv.ms/f/s!Arrj8MWtdHGwj1TMKh9qzVK2z7EZ?e=D8NsEv...
  3. windows hangs and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hangs and restart: ok so i was browsing edge browser and suddenly after closing it, Pc hanged and then restarted. Here is v2 log file linkhttps://1drv.ms/f/s!Arrj8MWtdHGwj1TMKh9qzVK2z7EZ?e=D8NsEv...
  4. windows hangs and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Auto restart after BSOD hangs

Auto restart after BSOD hangs: With Windows 10 I am facing problem with Auto restart. After BlueScreen it appears to restart but hangs showing the PC maker logo DELL.In SystemPropertiesAdvanced, I have Auto restart enabled. Another issue is I don't see the MEMORY.DMP generated even though it has been set...
  6. PC hangs up after update on restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC hangs up after update on restart?: As briefly shown above, my PC has been stuck since yesterday when I rebooted. I had to do an update, and when rebooting it doesn't get any further. The BIOS boots and then the HP icon appears (since I have an HP computer). Shortly after that a text appears: It tries to...
  7. Windows 10 update hangs after restarting

Windows 10 update hangs after restarting: I am running 1803 and have not received any 1809 updates yet. The laptop is a hp 8640p. With the regular auto update process it downloaded and installed 2 updates (don't know the kb no.). First update required reboot and the second one showed 100% installed. Since I went to...
  8. Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update: Today I Clean Installed version 1809. After that under Windows update I received a cumulative update alongwith other updates. It required restart. While restating it hangs, "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer". What to do? 122341
  9. Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update

Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update: Today I Clean Installed version 1809. After that under Windows update I received a cumulative update alongwith other updates. It required restart. While restating it hangs, "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer". What to do? 122341
  10. Hanging at 'Restarting'

Hanging at 'Restarting': My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart hang after consumer-edition 1903 update