Windows 10: "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64

Discus and support "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, "Restart" in the Power options has stopped working correctly on my laptop. It's now just a really, really slow Shutdown. It's happening on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jckinswo, Jun 22, 2022.

1. jckinswo Win User

"Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64

Recently, "Restart" in the Power options has stopped working correctly on my laptop. It's now just a really, really slow Shutdown. It's happening on my 3 yr old IdeaPad with a Ryzen 5, 20GB RAM and running Win10H-64, first on the original 256GB m.2 and now, as of today, on a Samsung 1TB 980 non-Pro. The problem started a few weeks ago. I did a complete reset and reinstall of Win10 on the original drive which didn't help and today I did a clean install on the new drive, which didn't help either. Exactly the same problem on both. When Restart is selected it starts

:)

jckinswo, Jun 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 22, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 22, 2022
  4. "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64

Sound not working correctly

Today my sound stopped working correctly. I hear sound on only one side (I am using headphone). I have tried all the suggestions listed including uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I still only get sound on one side.

BenDaggett, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

"Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64

1. "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64 - Similar Threads - Restart has stopped

2. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  3. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  4. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64: Recently, "Restart" in the Power options has stopped working correctly on my laptop. It's now just a really, really slow Shutdown. It's happening on my 3 yr old IdeaPad with a Ryzen 5, 20GB RAM and running Win10H-64, first on the original 256GB m.2 and now, as of today, on a...
  6. "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restart" has stopped working correctly on my laptop with Win10H-64: Recently, "Restart" in the Power options has stopped working correctly on my laptop. It's now just a really, really slow Shutdown. It's happening on my 3 yr old IdeaPad with a Ryzen 5, 20GB RAM and running Win10H-64, first on the original 256GB m.2 and now, as of today, on a...
  7. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  8. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  9. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Update has stopped my laptop from working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update has stopped my laptop from working: Hi, So my HP laptop was put onto sleep, when i opened it to use it, it was half way through an update which wasn't authorised. Despite updates constantly needing doing and slowing my computer more. Now i can log onto my computer but cannot access a single thing. Nothing...