Windows 10: Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Discus and support Restart Loop After Factory Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZedNearly, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ZedNearly Win User

Restart Loop After Factory Reset

I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow and would constantly have my apps blocked by a Bad Image [app name].exe, so I assumed factory resetting it would help. Now, after getting it reset, it brings up the language, location, timezone page, I fill it out and then am presented with the "Why did my PC restart? Theres a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update might help get things working again." Which it then says different options to connect to the internet. Usually the next page is where I connect to the internet wirelessly, but after I filled it out the first time, it doesnt show up again. Then right after that, It goes to the "Just a moment..." screen before restarting completely, then the whole process begins again. I'm sorry for this long question but I'm in school and I need my laptop working ASAP. Any help is appreciated.

:)

ZedNearly, Dec 27, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Factory Reset 64% Loop

Hi,

There are many factors that we can consider why the factory reset doesn't finish successfully. One factor we can look at is your hard drive. There may be some corrupted files or bad sectors that is why the reset can't proceed. As our initial troubleshooting
    step, we recommend that you check the disk for possible file corruption. Kindly follow the steps provided below to perform this method.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste this command: chkdsk /r/f, and then hit
      Enter

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Dec 27, 2018
  4. cwd500 Win User

Looping after factory reset

I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help?
    Restart Loop After Factory Reset e56fac92ae2f99c1b72baf3f2761c78d.jpg

cwd500, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Restart Loop After Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Restart Loop Factory

2. Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop: So, recently, I preformed a factory reset on my computer, windows 10 and now everytime I restart, it takes me to the same restart screen. This screen asks me which region I'm in, my timezone, and what keyboard language I prefer. Then when I click next, it takes me to another...
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop: So, recently, I preformed a factory reset on my computer, windows 10 and now everytime I restart, it takes me to the same restart screen. This screen asks me which region I'm in, my timezone, and what keyboard language I prefer. Then when I click next, it takes me to another...
  4. Factory reset turned into restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset turned into restart loop: I have a hp computer running windows 10 and had a issue wile updating drivers and got put on the problem page and couldn’t get off of it. I decided to just reset and get rid of my files but during it the percent for resetting finished and went straight into a reset loop it...
  5. Factory reset turned into restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset turned into restart loop: I have a hp computer running windows 10 and had a issue wile updating drivers and got put on the problem page and couldn’t get off of it. I decided to just reset and get rid of my files but during it the percent for resetting finished and went straight into a reset loop it...
  6. Factory reset turned into restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I'm in a factory reset restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm in a factory reset restart loop: The computer restarted unexpectedly in or in a counter an expected error windows installations cannot proceed to install windows click OK to restart the computer and then start the installation loop in loop...
  8. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  9. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  10. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer restarting after factory reset