Windows 10: Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Discus and support Restart Loop After Factory Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZedNearly, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ZedNearly Win User

Restart Loop After Factory Reset

I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow and would constantly have my apps blocked by a Bad Image [app name].exe, so I assumed factory resetting it would help. Now, after getting it reset, it brings up the language, location, timezone page, I fill it out and then am presented with the "Why did my PC restart? Theres a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update might help get things working again." Which it then says different options to connect to the internet. Usually the next page is where I connect to the internet wirelessly, but after I filled it out the first time, it doesnt show up again. Then right after that, It goes to the "Just a moment..." screen before restarting completely, then the whole process begins again. I'm sorry for this long question but I'm in school and I need my laptop working ASAP. Any help is appreciated.

:)

ZedNearly, Dec 27, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Factory Reset 64% Loop

Hi,

There are many factors that we can consider why the factory reset doesn't finish successfully. One factor we can look at is your hard drive. There may be some corrupted files or bad sectors that is why the reset can't proceed. As our initial troubleshooting
    step, we recommend that you check the disk for possible file corruption. Kindly follow the steps provided below to perform this method.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste this command: chkdsk /r/f, and then hit
      Enter

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Dec 27, 2018
  4. cwd500 Win User

Looping after factory reset

I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help?
    Restart Loop After Factory Reset e56fac92ae2f99c1b72baf3f2761c78d.jpg

cwd500, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Restart Loop After Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Restart Loop Factory

2. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  3. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  4. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  5. Restart loop during factory reset [Windows 10]

Restart loop during factory reset [Windows 10]: Hello. I have been trying to reset my alienware aurora pc running on windows 10 because of a trustedinstaller virus. I am in the reset, and my computer keeps restarting followed by a message stating that a problem was keeping the computer from getting up and running and that...
  6. Windows setup stuck in a loop after factory reset

Windows setup stuck in a loop after factory reset: I tried to reinstall windows (both keeping my files and when that didn't work a wipe of all files). Now my computer keeps coming to language set up, I do all that and hit next, then it says "Why did my Pc restart? There's a problem that's keeping us from getting your pc...
  7. Stuck Restart loop after network reset

Stuck Restart loop after network reset: After trying to network reset my pc, I let it do its thing and when it restarted, I keep getting “automatic restart windows has ran into a problem” I tried turning off automatic restart on computer error. Trying to run safe mode, cmd prompt, or reseting the computer leads to...
  8. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586
  9. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....: I have a Dell laptop Windows 8 upgraded to windows 10 about a year ago. I started having some issues with it so I decided to reset back to factory settings. When I turn it on a blue screen pops up saying, Hi there, lets get a few basic things out of the way. Asking for...
  10. Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working

Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working: Getting an infinite loading sort of error where my comp goes to HP loading screen, blackscreen, turns off, and repeats. Very annoying and nothing I've seen so far is working. I don't have a disk or drive to use to reload Windows with, and I didn't set any system restore...