Windows 10: Restart loop, shutdown works

Discus and support Restart loop, shutdown works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TQWorld, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TQWorld Win User

Restart loop, shutdown works

Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago.

I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally went to the repair screen where I had a few options for recovery. I chose shutdown. Once it was powered off, I hit the power button and Windows loaded as normal. After it loaded, I did a restart to see. Sure enough, same behavior with the repair screen. So, anytime I restart, I get stuck and eventually goes into the recovery screen. If I just shutdown then power it back on, it loads Windows just fine.

No changes have been made to my system and nothing (aside from forced Windows updates) have been installed. I experience no other problems. I do see a Windows10Upgrade folder from 2/3. It may very well have been before this that I last rebooted my machine.

I've already run SFC /scannow and it found no problems.

Any advice is appreciated.

Current build
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 (Build 16299.248)
    Ryzen 1700
    ASRock AB350
    G. Skill Flare X 16GB DDR4 2400
    Primary: Crucal 256GB SSD
    Secondary (Profile drive): WD 640GB
    nVidia 980 GTX 4GB

:)

TQWorld, Feb 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 falls creator update won't install

When you restart (not shutdown and start) does it boot into Windows or have you been on a constant boot loop?

RichardEiler, Feb 22, 2018
  3. fourrr1 Win User
    Black screen with dots spinning

I have been able occassionally to get back to startup screen and use the computer by doing a hard shutdown, turning off 3 times. But once I shutdown or restart it send me through the loop again. What else should I be doing

Thanks

fourrr1, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

Restart loop, shutdown works

1. Restart loop, shutdown works - Similar Threads - Restart loop shutdown

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  4. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  5. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  6. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Infinite Shutdown Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite Shutdown Loop: I don’t know if this is a bug but sometimes (it’s very rare that this happens to me) the shut down button doesn’t work. The funny thing is whenever this happens, ctrl alt delete doesn’t work either so the only way to shut down Windows at this point is to just shut it down...
  8. Thermal Shutdown Loop

Thermal Shutdown Loop: Hi, So my laptop went into thermal shutdown and won't come out of it. It is no longer heated and the cooling fans are not blocked as i have cleaned them. Once i try and turn on my laptop it says that its trying going to restart blue screen but it shuts off after it gets to...
  9. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  10. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...