Windows 10: Restart loop, shutdown works

Discus and support Restart loop, shutdown works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TQWorld, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TQWorld Win User

Restart loop, shutdown works

Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago.

I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally went to the repair screen where I had a few options for recovery. I chose shutdown. Once it was powered off, I hit the power button and Windows loaded as normal. After it loaded, I did a restart to see. Sure enough, same behavior with the repair screen. So, anytime I restart, I get stuck and eventually goes into the recovery screen. If I just shutdown then power it back on, it loads Windows just fine.

No changes have been made to my system and nothing (aside from forced Windows updates) have been installed. I experience no other problems. I do see a Windows10Upgrade folder from 2/3. It may very well have been before this that I last rebooted my machine.

I've already run SFC /scannow and it found no problems.

Any advice is appreciated.

Current build
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 (Build 16299.248)
    Ryzen 1700
    ASRock AB350
    G. Skill Flare X 16GB DDR4 2400
    Primary: Crucal 256GB SSD
    Secondary (Profile drive): WD 640GB
    nVidia 980 GTX 4GB

:)

TQWorld, Feb 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 falls creator update won't install

When you restart (not shutdown and start) does it boot into Windows or have you been on a constant boot loop?

RichardEiler, Feb 22, 2018
  3. fourrr1 Win User
    Black screen with dots spinning

I have been able occassionally to get back to startup screen and use the computer by doing a hard shutdown, turning off 3 times. But once I shutdown or restart it send me through the loop again. What else should I be doing

Thanks

fourrr1, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

Restart loop, shutdown works

1. Restart loop, shutdown works - Similar Threads - Restart loop shutdown

2. WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown: I had just shutdown my computer for the night when I noticed the screen said there was an error and displayed one of those 2D barcodes. When the laptop restarted there was no active wifi connections, and i found out my wifi network adapters were no longer even present. I...
  3. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts: Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a...
  4. SHUTDOWN LOOP MISSING AND STUCK AT SHUTDOWN SCREEN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUTDOWN LOOP MISSING AND STUCK AT SHUTDOWN SCREEN: HELLO Guys My PC Ran into a problem that my pc wont shutdown or restart normally It stuck at the shutdown /restart screen and i cant see the loop which appears when shutting down or restarting someone help me fast...
  5. Restart after Shutdown

Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  6. Windows Shutdown Loop Solved

Windows Shutdown Loop Solved: If you're still getting the infamous and unfixed (thanks Microsoft!) shutdown loop on Windows 10, what worked of me was going into: 1. Power and Sleep Settings 2. Additional Power Setting 3. "Choose what the power buttons do" (real creative menu naming guys) 4. Click...
  7. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  8. BSOD, shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, shutdown and restart: For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things like: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or sometimes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Since I heard...
  9. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown then Immediately Restarts: Win 10 Pro x64 HP Spectre x360 15t, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, NVidia Geforce MX150 2GB GDDR5 I was having some issues with HP printer drivers but that did not appear to cause this shutdown issue. I plugged an LG BE14NU40 Blu-Ray Writer via USB and output via HDMI...
  10. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...