Windows 10: Restart not possible, but only when logged in

Discus and support Restart not possible, but only when logged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure in which section this belongs, feel free to educate me on this as well please. I'm trying to debug this weird problem, and get nowhere:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bogie, Oct 18, 2015.

1. bogie Win User

Restart not possible, but only when logged in

Not sure in which section this belongs, feel free to educate me on this as well please.

I'm trying to debug this weird problem, and get nowhere:

Computer seems to be running fine, except that I cannot reboot. It will simply hang in the bios screen and does not continue. Sometimes, but not always, I am able to ctrl-alt-del my way out of this. If not, I need to power down and up again.

During my debugging attempts, I've learned that I need to be logged in for this problem to occur. Selecting a restart from the login screen works as expected, no problem there ?!?

I've removed all external devices (except either USB keyboard or USB mouse), this does not seem to make a difference.

I cannot tell if this is a windows 10 specific issue; this PC was bought new a couple of months ago and was immediately upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. However, given that different actions in windows result in different behaviour, at the very least windows does something which the bios does not like.

Does anyone recognize this problem?
    I could use some tips to further investigate and hopefully solve this problem.
    Not sure which information is needed, please ask if required.

Windows 10 64 bit
    Peaq computer (I think this is a branded asus)
    keyboard and mouse via USB

:)

bogie, Oct 18, 2015

2. Network "path not found" only when logged in via Microsoft acccount.

I am still waiting to hear back from you, Arul_D.

MarcWLewis, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Network "path not found" only when logged in via Microsoft acccount.

Hello,

Check firewall or security software blocks sharing

The issue may be caused also by your security program such an anti-virus or a Windows Firewall /Defender which might have conflicting settings as to not to perform certain tasks. I suggest that you temporary disable the anti-virus and firewall and check the
    result again. You would need to turn on the security programs again which you had disabled.

Disclaimer:
    Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Reply us back with results. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

Restart not possible, but only when logged in

1. Restart not possible, but only when logged in - Similar Threads - Restart possible logged

2. Restart when logging in to my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart when logging in to my PC.: Whenever I log into my computer, it just completely restarts and shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-when-logging-in-to-my-pc/88fa7122-2f92-48ea-9b9e-2cc83edde29c
  3. Restart when logging in to my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart when logging in to my PC.: Whenever I log into my computer, it just completely restarts and shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-when-logging-in-to-my-pc/88fa7122-2f92-48ea-9b9e-2cc83edde29c
  4. Slow boot, only when restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot, only when restart: I've been struggling with this problem for several days on a Windows 10 computer. If I shut down the computer, unplug the power cable and plug it back in, and power up, it boots in just a few seconds. If I restart, it shows a black screen for about 110 seconds, and then boots...
  5. Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible: Hey there, thanks for your support. On my server there's an issue popping upevery few days. It just freezes and isn't responding in any way. The only way of fixing is by hard-restating it. SERVER-(2020-09-27_14-26-35).zip Win-Version: 19041.508 Could you please help me?...
  6. Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible: Hey there, thanks for your support. On my server there's an issue popping upevery few days. It just freezes and isn't responding in any way. The only way of fixing is by hard-restating it. SERVER-(2020-09-27_14-26-35).zip Win-Version: 19041.508 Could you please help me?...
  7. Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting: I have a laptop that had a corrupt Windows update. It was corrected via Remote Support but during that process something was disabled so when the device starts up or restarts, it automatically logs in. When we lock/unlock the device, we get the login screen....
  8. BSOD only when logged in as Administrator

BSOD only when logged in as Administrator: Hello. If I'm logged in as administrator and I leave the computer idle, after 10 minutes I get the BSOD. Stop code is different every time. These are some of them (one every time): FAULTY_HARWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEMPTION It only happens under the...
  9. BSOD - Windows needs to restart: only when restarting, shutting down or logging in

BSOD - Windows needs to restart: only when restarting, shutting down or logging in: Hi, I'm struggling with a problem I've been unable to resolve through any means I've tried so far, hopefully someone can help. I'm running windows 10 on my Surface Book (about 1.5 years old). It's the upgraded more expensive model with dedicated graphics card in the...
  10. Log In Hangs On Restart Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Log In Hangs On Restart Only: From a cold start, I get a very fast boot time (I have that option checked "Turn On Fast Startup". The problem is restarts. Very slow. The bios screen loads quickly, I then get to another boot screen (image attached), that has a red x thru a computer icon. My mouse works and...