Windows 10: restart not working

Discus and support restart not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When press restart computer not shutting down and restarting . All it does is go to restarting screen and then goes to black screen with constant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mulletman58, Apr 3, 2020.

1. restart not working

When press restart computer not shutting down and restarting . All it does is go to restarting screen and then goes to black screen with constant spinning circle . How can I fix this please

:)

mulletman58, Apr 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 3, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Terrypin Win User

restart not working

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

restart not working [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

restart not working [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

restart not working

1. restart not working - Similar Threads - restart working

2. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  3. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  4. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  6. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  7. Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary:I'm beta testing "Once human" game...
  8. Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play

Gaminput stopped working and my computer restarted duing game play: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary:I'm beta testing "Once human" game...
  9. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  10. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...